HS Cube Broadcast
Athletic Bus Schedule
Lady Foxes earn runner-up at Minooka Sectional
May 16, 2014By Eva Schoenfielder of Yorkville High School
Qualify six events to state meet
The girls track team went up against one of the toughest sectionals in the state and came away with a runner-up finish as a team and state qualifiers in six events!
Even though YHS was the second-smallest school at the meet, the Lady Foxes competed with confidence and placed second only to host Minooka’s 96 points. YHS scored 84 points, outdistancing track and field powers Napervile North’s 66.5, Neuqua Valley’s 62, Naperville Central’s 54 and Plainfield North’s 35.In fact, the average enrollment of the other 15 teams was 2,591, while Yorkville's enrollment is 1,622!
The Lady Foxes received all-sectional performances from the following athletes:
• Latrice Davis - 6th place - 200m
• 4x200m Relay of Mischara Palmer, Stephanie Schlitching, Katy Kellogg and Latrice Davis - 5th place
• Maddie Dearborn - 4th place - 1600m run
• Becca Jasutis - 4th place - 300m Hurdles
• 4x400m relay of Dominque Anderson, Kelsey Leedy, Julia Schultz and Skyler Bollinger - 3rd place
• Sydney Anderson - 3rd place - High Jump
• Megan Brineman - 3rd place - Discus
And the following athletes not only earned all-sectional honors, but also qualified for next weekend’s State Meet at Eastern Illinois University!
• Mackenzie Lee - 2nd place - Shot Put
• Rachel Augius - 2nd place - High Jump
• Dominque Anderson - 1st place - Triple Jump
• Skyler Bollinger - 1st place - 1600m run
• Alexis Grandys - 1st place - 3200m run
• 4x800m relay of Dominque Anderson, Kelsey Leedy, Julia Schultz and Skyler Bollinger - 1st place
The girls track team won or were runners-up in every outdoor invitational this season! Congratulations to the whole team on a great season and best of luck to the state qualifiers next weekend!