A Crucial Catch
October 2, 2012By Jason Mulligan of Western Boone Jr Sr High Sch
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We ask that you join the athletic department and football team in participating in one of the following ways:
1) Purchase a pink wristband in the athletic office ( $2).
2) Place a bid on one of our 3 silent auction items (found in the athletic office. Auction will end at halftime of Friday nights football game)
-Matt Painter signed basketball
-Tom Crean signed basketball
-Chuck Pagano signed football
3) Make a donation. Help support the football team as they wear pink shoelaces, pink ribbon decals (helmets) and pink hats (football coaches and administrators).
4) Participate in the Pink Partners Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising walk- Wednesday, October at 3:30 p.m. on the track.
5) Purchase a pink WEBO hat (available Friday).
-All proceeds go to American Cancer Society-
For the fourth year, the National Football League (NFL) will continue to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October with "A Crucial Catch", a nationwide
screening reminder campaign to help women stay healthy. Done in collaboration with the American Cancer Society, the initiative promotes breast cancer
awareness and encourages women 40 and older get annual mammograms to find breast cancer in the early stages, when it is easiest to treat.