High School Sports
Aaron Daniel accounts for six touchdowns in Charlestown's 67-14 rout of Madison
August 19, 2012Winners Choice Sports
Quarterback Aaron Daniel ran for three touchdowns and threw for three TDs as Charlestown blistered host Madison 67-14 Friday night in high school football.
The Pirates (1-0) spurted to a 27-0 first-quarter lead and led 54-7 at the half.
“The defense got off the bus and went to work for us early,” Pirates coach Jason Hawkins said.
Kyle Callahan scored twice for the Cubs (0-1), who defeated the Pirates 37-29 last season.
• Springs Valley 46, Silver Creek 29: Levi Weddle led the visiting Blackhawks (1-0) past the Dragons (0-1), totaling six touchdowns (four rushing and two passing) in the win.
Silver Creek’s Brooks Howell went 13 of 20 for 134 yards and two touchdowns. Levi Taylor ran for 108 yards and two scores.
• Paoli 35, Salem 0: Lee Wroblewski led the visiting Rams (1-0) past the Lions (0-1) with 103 yards rushing and two scores. He also had 54 yards passing.
Paoli’s Tanner Kameda finished with a touchdown and 89 yards on 11 carries, and Travis Allen had 83 yards on nine carries.
• North Harrison 50, Crawford County 6:The visiting Cougars (1-0) rolled up 442 yards without attempting a pass and routed the Wolfpack (0-1).
North Harrison’s Brandon Craig ran for three scores and 220 yards on only seven carries (31.4 yards a carry).
• West Washington 42, Eastern Pekin 7: Cody Maudlin hit Chad Thompson with three TD passes and Tyler Dunn added two more scores as the host Senators (1-0) beat the Musketeers (0-1) in their Washington County rivalry.
• Southridge 48, Clarksville 14: Daniel Perez ran for one TD and caught another as the host Raiders (1-0) crushed the Generals (0-1). Perez finished with 45 yards on nine carries.
Marquise Parrish returned kickoffs of 85 and 95 yards for TDs in the first quarter for Clarksville.