USAD Mission, Vision and Core Values
December 2, 2011US Academic Decathlon
USAD Mission Statement
The mission of the United States Academic Decathlon® is to promote learning and academic excellence among students of varying achievement levels by developing and providing multidisciplinary academic competitions using USAD-based curricula.
USAD Vision Statement
The vision of the United States Academic Decathlon® is to provide students the opportunity to excel academically through team competition.
USAD Core Values
As a premier national scholastic competition for high school students, United States Academic Decathlon believes in:
- The academic growth of students;
- Challenging multidisciplinary learning;
- Teamwork as a means to achieve self-knowledge and life-skills development;
- Providing equal opportunities for students of varying achievement levels;
- The inclusion and diversity of students that enrich learning and the human experience;
- High standards of honesty and integrity;
- Transparency in our relations and interactions with all of our stakeholders;
- Excellence in our programs, services and activities; and,
- Respect for diverse points of view.