NEW HEADING 1
ACT/Test Taking Tips
March 13, 2013By Abby Wilson of Thomas Nelson HS
1. Get a good night's rest.
2. Eat a light healthy breakfast before the test. Some caffeine is fine, but no energy drinks- they have too much cafeine.
3. Go to the passage with the most east questions first.
A. three passages w/5 questions (first)
B. Three passages w/6 questions (second)
C. One passage w/7 questions (last)
D. Always read the introduction for each passage, 3-5 sentances
E. Go directly to the easy questions after reading the introduction.
4. Answer the easy questions in each passage first.
A. Easy questions will ask you to read one thing in the passage.
5. Answer questions by eliminating the answers that could not possibly be correct.
A. Answers that are most extreme are usually not the correct answers.
B. Answers with the longest explanations are usually the correct answers/
6. Last 60 seconds of test- make sure to fill in all the blanks of either the second colum letters (B or G), or the third colum letters (C or H), but never both.