NEW HEADING 1
Gingerbread Men Recipe
December 17, 2012By Shelby Enlow of Thomas Nelson HS
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup softened butter
- 3 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix together the molasses, brown sugar, water, and butter until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, allspice, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon into the first mixture until all of the dry is absorbed.
- Cover the dough and place in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the sough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out in gingerbread man shapes.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the cookie sheets and place to cool on wire racks
- Using icing with food coloring decorate your cookies