Osseo Orioles Football
Osseo Football Players and Parents,
I hope everyone is having a great spring. I know it seems early, but football is right around the corner! Our off-season lifting program has been going very well, but we still need more participation. The weight room is open Monday-Thursday 2:15-4:00 p.m. It is also open in the mornings from 6:15-7:00 a.m. Monday-Friday. I would like everyone to be in the weight room as much as time permits.
There are some important dates coming up in the near future, on the reverse side of this letter is a list of these dates. Highlights include:
- Tuesday April 23rd at 6:30 pm - Osseo football kick-off night at Osseo Senior High in the auditorium. This meeting will give you all the information that you will need for upcoming camps, clinics, and speed and strength for the entire season to come. You will also have the opportunity to sign up and pay for all camps, clinics, and speed and strength. This year you also will have an opportunity to purchase your own helmet and your own girdle. There also will be representatives from our booster club to take all orders on apparel.
- May 28th -30th from 2:00-4:00 and June 3rd from 4:30-6:30 pm– Equipment check out for players entering 10th, 11th and 12th grade.
- Monday June 3rd - Thursday June 6th from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.- Varsity Prep Practice/Camp for players entering 10th, 11th and 12th grade. Sign up with any one of the football coaches or at the kick-off meeting. You will not sign up for this through the city of Maple Grove. At the camp, players will be wearing full equipment. The Varsity offense and defense will be introduced at this camp.
- Monday June 10th – Thursday June 13th from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. - Junior high prep camp for players entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. No equipment is needed just cleats. Sign up for this thru the city of Maple Grove.
- June 10th- August 1st 7:30a.m.-12:00p.m. Monday-Thursday - Speed and strength program. You can choose one of the sessions. 7:30-9:00, 9:00-10:30, 10:30-12:00, or 6:00-8:00 pm. I would like players that are entering grader 9-12 to sign up for the 7:30-9:00 session or the 9:00-10:30 session. All other grades can choose from one of the other sessions. This year’s speed and strength program is guaranteed to make you stronger and faster if you commit to four days a week.
Starting now, you can begin to register for these camps, clinics and speed and strength by stopping by the Maple Grove Community Center, visiting their website at www.ci.maple-grove.mn.us or by calling (763)494-6500. You may also stop by my office at Osseo Senior High School. We also have a lot of information available on our new updated website at www.osseofootball.com. We are very excited for the upcoming season, enjoy your spring and see you all on April 23rd at 6:30pm.
Head Football Coach, Osseo Senior High.