2012 GIRLS RESULTS
2012 BOYS RESULTS
2011 BOYS RESULTS
2011 GIRLS RESULTS
East Ridge Girls Ranked 4th in State!
August 17, 2011East Ridge Cross Country
2011 Pre-season Rankings for Girls Cross Country
(with comments from Class AA girls' ranker Dave Emmans, the Wayzata girls' coach)
1. 8AA Monticello – 347 – Monticello returns 4 all-state runners, most notably, Erica and Amber Seidenkranz who finished 5th and 6th respectively overall in last year’s state meet. All seven return and by far are the overwhelming favorites to improve on their 2nd place finish to Eden Prairie in 2010.
2. 1AA Lakeville South – 619 – Last year’s 3rd place squad returns 6 out of 7 runners. Anne Brekken 25th overall from 2010 leads the way for a young and talented squad.
3. 6AA Eden Prairie – 633 – EP loses the big three, Platner, Lawton and Rudin. But with two state championships in the last three years, don’t count out the Eagles. They return their next four runners and always have athletes ready to fill.
4. 4AA East Ridge – 643 – East Ridge climbs to 4th place based on their incredibly young team. They are led by 10th grader Bailey Ness, 13th place finisher in last year’s state meet. Huge up-side for this 3rd year high-school.
5. 7AA Elk River – 805 – Elk River loses its top runner from last year but returns their next five runners from a 4th place finish at the 2010 state meet, and a state championship in 2009.
6. 3AA Prior Lake – 836 – This will be an odd year and Prior lake looks to keep the trend going with a 2nd place finish in 09, and a 4th place finish in 07. This hard-running senior dominated group is led by 30th place senior, Taylor Scholl.
7. 6AA Wayzata – 840 – Wayzata finished 7th last year and looks to improve on that finish with freshman Anna French, 28th last year leading the way.
8. 8AA Alexandria – 846 – Led by perennial top three finisher Jamie Piepenburg, now a senior, Alexandria looks as if they may have enough to come out of a very strong 8AA section. They will have to contend with top ranked Monticello and others.
9. 5AA Andover – 1105 – Led by last year’s 4th place finisher, Nicole Heitzman, Andover looks to improve on last year’s 5th place finish. They have 6 out of 7 returning.
10. 1AA Albert Lea – 1257 – Injured Chrissy Monson made a late run last year after losing most of the season due to injuries. She looks to be at full-strength this spring and leads a young Albert Lea team that could be a force later in the year.
11. 8AA Brainerd – 1266 – Brainerd loses their own top three from a team that finished 6th last year. They have their next four back and will have to contend with 8AA to get to state.
12. 3AA Rosemount – 1289 – 5 out of 7 return from a 10th place 2010 squad.
1. Maria Hauger, 11, Shakopee – Two time state champion has a 10:54 3200 this spring.
2. Jamie Piepenburg, 12, Alexandria – Last year’s 2nd place finisher, the only person stopping her from a state championship is Hauger. Has run 10:45 3200 this spring.
3. Erica Seidenkrantz, 12, Monticello – 5th, 6th and 11th the past three years, Erica will look to keep her steady improvement going.
4. Nicole Heitzman, 11, Andover – Last year’s 4th place finisher improved on her 7th place finish the year before.
5. Amber Seidenkratz, 10, Monticello – 6th and 10th the past two seasons, the Seidenkrantz sisters lead a formable one-two punch for number one ranked Monticello.
6. Haylie Zenner, 12, Fergus Falls – Always a powerhouse in the 800, Zenner burst on the cross country scene last year finishing 11th over-all.
7. Bailey Ness, 10, East Ridge – 37th in 8th grade and 13th as a freshman is a recipe for big things for the diminutive sophomore.
8. Chrissy Monson, 11, Albert Lea – Sidelined by injuries last year, Monson is having a great spring. She was 12th as a freshman.
9. Taylor Scholl, 12, Prior Lake – Spending much of the year in the top 12 last year, Scholl looks to improve on her 30th place finish last year.
10. Kaelyn Williams, 12, Robbinsdale Cooper – 8th last year and 25th the year before, Williams proves you don’t have to run track to be a force.
11. Elizabeth Frick, 11, Eagan – 14th last year with an 11:41 3200 this spring.
12. Jenna Truedson, 9, Bemidji – 17th last year, having a good spring.