Homecoming Week - Important Info from the Booster Club
September 16, 2012East Ridge Cross Country
Hello ER CC Athletes and Families,
We have a very busy week to tell you about! So PLEASE make sure you read ALL the way through this email as there is very important information that you need to know about. Here is the overall schedule for the week:
Monday – Thursday:
· Practice as usual after school (Monday and Thursday morning at 7am also)
· Optional work on CC Homecoming float at Taylor Jackson’s house in the evening (athletes, if you are interested in helping please check with Taylor on specifics)
Friday - HOMECOMING
· For practice, the kids will be running to Lake Jr. High
· They will then walk back to ERHS in the Homecoming Parade with CC team and float ATHLETES – Bring a bag of candy for tossing in the parade and wear whatever ERHS gear you would like.
· After the parade, the ERHS Cross Country Booster Club will be sponsoring the first annual ERHS Cross Country Tail-Gating Party in the ERHS parking lot (look for the ERCC Tent). Your booster club Dads will be serving the athletes hot-dogs, hamburgers, and more! No need to bring anything! Note: This will be in lieu of a pasta party.
Saturday – MILACA MEGA MEET
· This is a GREAT event for all athletes and families!
· The schedule of running events, directions, course maps and other information can be found on the meet can be found at the following website:
· The bus schedule information can be found on our ERCC calendar.
· This is an all-day event with the first race starting at 10am and the last event ending around 3pm.
· We will be holding a MEGA Family Picnic on site for the ER athletes/families.
· Jeff and Terri Jackson will be purchasing all the main items for the picnic as well as bringing tables and other necessities to set up the tent .
· We will need the athletes (please bring these on the bus with you that morning) to bring the following items for the picnic:
· Seniors: washed and ready to serve fruits
· Juniors: 12 pack of bottled water, Gatorade or juice boxes (No pop)
· Sophomores: Bagels (sliced), muffins or croissants (sliced)
· Freshmen: pretzels, baked chips, chex mix, crackers (No nuts)
· 7/8th graders: granola bars (No nuts)
· IMPORTANT: We will need help from the parents to set up, serve and clean up. We are only looking for 30 minutes of your time during the day and you can work around your athlete’s race. If you are willing to help, please sign-up on-line here: