Tryout Schedules and Signup Information
October 21, 2009Missouri Magic Elite
Click Here for Tryout Brochure
Missouri Magic Elite Basketball
Mark McLaughlin, Director
214 South Main
Madison, MO 65263
(660) 291-4488 or (712) 579-9613
Boys and Girls Spring-Summer Elite Teams are Now Forming
The Missouri Magic Elite program is in the process of forming spring and summer elite travel teams to compete in events in Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois this spring, and in major events in Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois this summer.
· Two 9-player teams will be formed at each age group, one in each half of the state. If only one team is formed at an age group, practice and schedule will be dictated by dominant numbers from East or West and location of coach.
· Rising Stars squads will be developed at all age levels in the spring and summer, and across East West and South Missouri Regions.
· An All-Missouri Elite squad, representing the 9-best players at each age group (14U through 17U) will be developed in the summer and will play in a slightly different schedule, including up to three major exposure events.
· Opportunities for college exposure and evaluation of player skills and recruit-ability will be offered in the fall and in the spring.
· Lower grade teams are designed to be developmental but play an advanced level of competition. Upper age teams are designed to be competitive in both spring and summer sessions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
· Note age-groups above --- These reflect current 2009-2010 grade years --- current grade level (12U = 6th grade, etc.) is the criteria for age placement.
· Boys age groups are 12U through 17U, Girls age groups are 14U and 16-17U.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
· Coaches are hired from high school and middle school staffs, current established AAU and travel coaches, and college athletes pursuing education degrees are recruited to coach. Interested coaches should contact Mark at the number listed above to learn about these employment opportunities.
· Uniform offensive and defensive strategies are provided from the Director and coaches are clinic-ed in how to teach and deliver the “Magic System”. Included are the Memphis Dribble-Drive against man to man and zone, Virginia Tech and Arizona 1-3-1 match-up sets, talking, helping man-to-man defense, and an up-tempo transition game. Players will receive advanced instruction and state-of-the art basketball preparation.
· Practices are limited to the “kick-off” two weekends of the tournament due to the spread out nature of the players and coaches --- some additional practice can be scheduled if coach and players agree it is needed.
CURRENT PLANNED 2010 SPRING SCHEDULE: Dates and locations are tentative based on 2009 corresponding dates
CURRENT PLANNED 2010 SUMMER SCHEDULE: Dates and locations are tentative based on 2009 corresponding dates
ELITE EXPOSURE EVENTS: Elite teams at 14u THROUGH 17U will Mr. Basketball and either the OhioAdidas event. Teams will also have the option of attending the Adidas Las Vegas Big-Time Tournament, the nation’s foremost NCAA-sanctioned exposure event.
TOTAL GAME EXPOSURE: 12-14U players will play 39-42 games if playing in the combined program. 15-17U players will play 44-50 games if competing both spring and summer.
THE TYPE OF PLAYER SOUGHT: We encourage the participation of your best players and your players who are most eager to improve. These players may be starters whose role will change for you next year or players 6,7,8 off the bench for you. We seek a balance of players of exceptional and above-average talent. The only way for your players to know if they are good enough is to try-out. Selection is not assured.
COACHES ---WHAT TO DO NOW:
1) Pass this along to your players in middle school and high school. Encourage them to attend.
2) Provide them my contact information at the header of this packet. I encourage you to make contact as well.
3) If interested in coaching a team, make contact with me immediately --- Coaches are salaried and their hotel expenses covered for practice and tournament weekends. This is a source of positive extra income for a high school or middle school coach.
4) Go to www.magicbball.org and review the Missouri Magic page --- Note that more information, including cost information for the 2010 program, is found on the page.
5) DEADLINES: Players must mail in registration and tryout fee of $35 ten days in advance of the desired tryout. Players will be accepted on a space-available basis inside the ten-day window.
PLAYERS---WHAT TO DO NOW:
1) Go to www.magicbball.org and review the Missouri Magic page --- Note that more information, including cost information for the 2010 program, is found on the page.
2) Make contact with me at 660-291-4488 or email me at email@example.com and I will be in phone contact with you to get to know you and answer questions.
3) Mail in registration and tryout fee of $35 ten days in advance of your desired try-out date. I will accept players on a space available basis after that time.
Missouri Magic Elite Basketball
SELECT YOUR EVENT---NOTE DEADLINES