RECORDS & AWARDS
SPEAKING OF SPORTS TUESDAY
November 13, 2012Richmond High School
SPEAKING OF SPORTS-TUESDAY
Indiana continued its’ dominance of easy non-conference opponents with a win over ND State last night. Here are the details:
INDIANA 87 NORTH DAKOTA STATE 61..Cody Zeller recorded 22 points and nine rebounds , Remy Abell added 14 points, Jeremy Hollowell had 14 points and Jordan Hulls 11 in the win. Indiana shot 48.3 percent from the floor and went 9-for-24 from three point range.
Other top 25 finals:
Final Score: (5) Michigan 91, IUPUI 54
Final Score: (17) Memphis 81, North Florida 66
Final Score: (18) UNLV 92, Northern Arizona 54
Final Score: (19) Gonzaga 84, West Virginia 50
Final Score: (20) Notre Dame 84, Monmouth 57
By the way, there will be basketball all day today!!!
It was another busy night in the NBA Monday:
Final Score: Milwaukee 105, Philadelphia 96 ..Brandon Jennings had 33 points
Final Score: Utah 140, Toronto 133 (3-OT)…Al Jefferson 24 points and 17 rebounds
Final Score: Oklahoma City 92, Detroit 90 Russell Westbrook scored 33 points
Final Score: Boston 101, Chicago 95… Rajon Rondo 20 points, 10 assists 9 rebounds
Final Score: Miami 113, Houston 110… LeBron James scored 38
Final Score: Minnesota 90, Dallas 82… Nikola Pekovic 20 points
Final Score: Phoenix 110, Denver 100 .. Goran Dragic 21 points
Final Score: Atlanta 95, Portland 87… Josh Smith 19 points and 11 rebounds
I actually stayed up and watched the end of the Monday night game. Give the Chiefs credit for hanging in there but too many turnovers:
Final Score: Pittsburgh 16, Kansas City 13 (OT)
Elsewhere in sports:
The BCS presidential advisory committee and group of commissioners approved the details on a four-team playoff for the Football Bowl Subdivision.
Here are the details… Lock-in a four team seeded playoff. The teams that will play will be chosen by a selection committee.
- Create three "contract bowls" and three "host bowls" as part of the post- season format. The highest-ranked champion from the five conferences that are not in contract bowls will be guaranteed a spot in a host bowl.
- Share revenue, for the first time in college football history, based on academic performance as part of the funding formula.
- Share revenue with a higher portion of revenues going to the conferences of the four teams that qualify for the playoff and participate in the other games. Distributions will also be made to conferences whose teams don't qualify for either a contract or host bowl. Since the new format is projected to be so popular, there will be more revenue for all conferences and independent institutions.
- Move forward to complete a television rights agreement for the new format.
- Begin hiring staff so the new structure can begin operating.
Angels' center fielder Trout and Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper were named the winners as the top rookies in the American and National League.
Girls High School basketball finals Monday