2011 Football Camps
Redbirds end season at Triton
October 31, 2011By Tim Klingbeil of Montgomery-Lonsdale Football
Playoffs vs. Triton (Loss 33-14)
1. What can you tell me about it?
- Triton was a very good team who was very well coached. They are good every year in and year out. They were in the state championship last year and a lot of that same talent was still on the field. We were right there being down 6-0 at the half. We however were unable to overcome them in the 2nd half. 6 play’s for over 30 yards and a none opportunistic offense were the major reasons.
2. Who provided the touchdowns for the Redbirds?
- Sr. #5 Jeff Tiede broke in with a 9 yard touchdown. Also scoring for the redbirds was Sr. #7 Dalton Zeug.
3. What were the highlights?
- So. #30 Kyle Ellingsworth had a team high 11 tackles for the Redbirds.
4. What did Triton do/have that we didn't?
- Triton has tradition, numbers and speed, speed and more speed. They have an outstanding coaching staff that puts it all together for them. We are getting better each year with lots of work. We have made a lot of improvement over the years but we have some work to perform before we are at their level.
5. As far as the end of the season, what are some of the highlights from this season?
- Beating Jordan the largest school in the league for the 1st time in 17 years was very special for our home crowd. Also beating Belle Plaine who ended up with a record of 6 wins and 2 losses. 1 loss away from grabbing the conference championship. If they did not lose to us they would have been MRC champs.
6. What should we remember from this last Redbird season?
- I will recall a team who saw running time (35+ Loss) 7 of 9 times in 2009. Going to being a tuff out each and every week. A team who was never blown out and competing to the very end in each of their games in 2011.
7. What can fans expect next year?
- Le Center and Montgomery-Lonsdale coming together to becoming a well coached team who is prepared and very physical. Good things will come as far as football for these communities I can promise that.
8. Do you know who will coach the new Titans?
- As of now no one knows. We are getting ready for our banquet and starting our lifting program on Monday.
Team MVP: Jeff Tiede
Offensive MVP: Kyle Sonnenburg
Defensive MVP: Jeff Tiede
Special Teams: Dalton Zeug
Scout Off: Mitch Dooley
Scout Def: Alex Burns
Scout Special Teams: Tyler Brastch
Hit of the Week: Dalton Zeug