Genesis PSP Shootout is coming!
December 15, 2010QCA-TV
The 2010 edition of the Genesis PSP Shootout will take place Saturday, Dec. 18, at the Carver Center, on the campus of Augustana College in Rock Island.
This year's event, the 17th annual extravaganza, will feature the largest field ever, with 14 teams from Iowa and Illinois locking horns in seven games. The Shootout is a competition matching seven teams from Iowa's Mississippi Athletic Conference schools against seven teams from the Illinois Quad-Cities, five of them from the Western Big 6. Other participating schools from Illinois are Geneseo (of the Northern Illinois Big 12 Conference) and Riverdale of Port Byron (from the Three Rivers Conference).
The marquee matchup is at 8:30 p.m., with North Scott (representing the MAC) taking on Rock Island (of the Western Big 6). The Lancers-Rocks contest will pit Lancer guards Brandon Voss and Aaron Huber against the Rocks' Chasson Randle, who recently signed a letter of intent to compete at Division I Stanford University.
Pleasant Valley and Riverdale are competing in the event for the first time.
The complete schedule is as follows (Iowa team listed first):
* 10 a.m.: Davenport North vs. Riverdale
* 11:45 a.m.: Pleasant Valley vs. Rock Island Alleman
* 1:30 p.m.: Davenport Central vs. Geneseo
* 3:15 p.m.: Bettendorf vs. Galesburg
* 5 p.m.: Davenport West vs. Moline
* 6:45 p.m.: Davenport Assumption vs. United Township
* 8:30 p.m.: North Scott vs. Rock Island