Summer Camp Info
Junior Varsity Team
Jr. Patriot Basketball Expectations
September 21, 2012By psouth hoops of Parkway South Basketball
Mission statement - To develop skilled, knowledgeable, and competitive basketball players with winning attitudes and good sportsmanship that are capable of meeting the demands of high school basketball at Parkway South.
Expectations of players and teams
1. Players are always expected to give their best.
2. Teams are encouraged to play and practice throughout the year in leagues and tournaments.
3. Since practice is essential to skill development players are expected to attend all practices. Practice is more beneficial than the games.
4. Families that accept the invitation for their son to join the team are expected to pay all fees on the first day of practice.
5. Players that accept this invitation are expected to attend Parkway South High School.
Tryout Evaluation Process
1. Athleticism - Speed, strength, quickness, jumping ability, etc.
2. Skill - Dribbling, shooting, passing, defense, etc.
3. Conceptualization - Understanding of how all the parts of the whole game fit together.
4. Coachability - Ability to learn and implement individual and team skills.
5. Attitude / Effort - Positive winning attitude and strong work ethic.
League and Tournament Information
Teams will play in at least one area league and at least three tournaments. Teams are encouraged to play throughout the year. This will be determined on a team by team and coach by coach basis.
Practice Times Mondays and Wednesdays between 6-9:00 p.m. Saturdays between 12-3 p.m.
Fees $ 300.00
The fee is due on the first day of practice. Fee will cover the cost of uniforms, one league entry fee, three tournaments, and other equipment costs.