Junior Varsity Team
Summer Camp Info
Jr. Patriot Tryout Information
August 19, 2014By psouth hoops of Parkway South Basketball
Jr. Patriot Tryout Information
Who: Open to all boys entering grades 5-8 who live within the South attendance area that want to play basketball and be a part of the Patriot Basketball Program. We want both players and coaches!!!
What: The teams will be determined on a tryout basis. The South teams will be guaranteed up to three practices a week. The teams will play in at least one league and at least three tournaments around the St. Louis area.
Where: ParkwaySouthHigh SchoolGym A
When: 5th and 6th grade Tryouts
September 17th 5:30 -5:45 Registration 5:45 -6:00 parent meeting 6:00 – 8:00 Tryouts
7th and 8th grade Tryouts
September 24th 5:30 -5:45 Registration 5:45 -6:00 parent meeting 6:00 – 8:00 Tryouts
Why: To develop 5-8 grade boys in the south attendance area into successful high school basketball players. To create skilled, knowledgeable and competitive basketball players with winning attitudes that are capable of meeting the demands of high school basketball at Parkway South. To provide opportunities for coaches and players to learn the high school program, thus preparing them to be successful in their future endeavors in basketball.
Interested in coaching? Please contact Coach Matt Roach ASAP
Questions call Coach Roach at 314-415-5743 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission statement - To develop skilled, knowledgeable, and competitive basketball players with winning attitudes and good sportsmanship that are capable of meeting the demands of high school basketball at Parkway South.
Expectations of players and teams
1. Players are always expected to give their best.
2. Teams are encouraged to play and practice throughout the year in leagues and tournaments.
3. Since practice is essential to skill development players are expected to attend all practices. Practice is more beneficial than the games.
4. Families that accept the invitation for their son to join the team are expected to pay all fees on the first day of practice.
5. Players that accept this invitation are expected to attend Parkway South High School.
Tryout Evaluation Process
1. Athleticism - Speed, strength, quickness, jumping ability, etc.
2. Skill - Dribbling, shooting, passing, defense, etc.
3. Conceptualization - Understanding of how all the parts of the whole game fit together.
4. Coachability - Ability to learn and implement individual and team skills.
5. Attitude / Effort - Positive winning attitude and strong work ethic.
League and Tournament Information
Teams will play in at least one area league and at least three tournaments. Teams are encouraged to play throughout the year. This will be determined on a team by team and coach by coach basis.
Practice Times Mondays and Wednesdays between 6-9:00 p.m. Saturdays between 12-3 p.m.
Fees $ 350.00
The fee is due on the first day of practice. Fee will cover the cost of uniforms, one league entry fee, three tournaments, and other equipment costs.