2014 Spring/Summer Basketball
May 13, 2014By psouth hoops of Parkway South Basketball
To: The Patriot Basketball Nation,
There is never a better time than now to get better. We owe it to ourselves and our team to reach our potential as basketball players and as people. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to our excellence.” Below are some opportunities to make yourself and more importantly the team better. Please notify me ASAP about your willingness to participate in the following spring and summer activities. Room 2311 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Weight Training: Starts April 7 right after school in the weight room. Training days will be Mondays, Wednesday, and Friday after school for one hour. We will focus on basketball specific core lifts and agility training that will increase endurance, agility, strength, and explosion.
- Always be working on your game. What are you doing right now to improve your defense, ball handling, shot, etc.? 500 shots a day and 20 minutes of ball handling would be a good place to start.
- Tentative Summer Practice Schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays throughout June 1-3pm in gym A
- Patriot Basketball Camp May 27- May 30:
- Illini Team Camp June 13 - 15: Senior High Team Camp. This is open to returning players 9-12 grade (2013-14 school year) Cost is $200. Payable to the University of Illinois. Email Coach Stevens for the registration code while spots are still open.
- Lindenwood Shootout June 21, 22: Spots are open to all 9-12 graders. Spots are limited to the first 16 to sign up with a check for $50.00 payable Parkway South Boys Basketball.
- IAABO Shoot-out June 23-26: 2 games a night for 4 nights. Varsity $50.00 payable to Parkway South Boys Basketball.
- Freshman and JV Shootout at Kirkwood: May 30st and May 31st. Free to incoming 9th and 10th graders attending the Parkway South Basketball Camp. First 10 players to sign up for each grade level are in.
“Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.”
Coach Mitch Stevens
Varsity Basketball Coach