Summer Camp Info
Junior Varsity Team
2012 Summer Basketball
May 29, 2012By psouth hoops of Parkway South Basketball
To: The Patriot Basketball Nation,
Summer is just around the corner and it is never too early to start thinking about improving on our success from this past season. In order to ensure continued conference and district championships and the ultimate goal of a state championship, there are a few things that we should be doing already and a few more that we can do this summer. Below are some opportunities to make yourself and more importantly the team better. Please notify me ASAP about your willingness to participate in the following spring and summer activities. Room 2311 firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You need to be bigger, stronger and faster than your opponent. The weight room is open 5 days a week after school, and I am there most days for assistance. It will also be open from 1-3 pm during summer school. If you truly want to make yourself and the team the best it can be you will meet the strength and conditioning expectations.
2. Always be working on your game. What are you doing right now to improve your defense, ball handling, shot, etc.?
3. Open Gym: April 16, April 19, April 23, April 26, April 30, May 7, May 9, May 14, and May 16.
4. Patriot Basketball Camp: May 29- June 1. If you work the two younger camps from 2-6 p.m. your camp fee is waived. Offer is good for the first 8 players that can commit to all sessions. Click below for more information. http://www.ihigh.com/psouthhoops/article_110940.html
5. Illini Team Camp: June 15-17. Closed
6. Lindenwood Team Camp: June 23, 24. JV and Varsity Teams. $45.00 check payable to Parkway South Basketball. Registration closes May 31st at noon.
7. IAABO Shoot-out: June 25-28. 2 games a night for 4 nights. Varsity only. $45.00 check payable to Parkway South Basketball. Registration closes May 31st at noon.
8. Freshman Shootout at Kirkwood: June 1-3. $15.00 if attending the Patriot Basketball Camp. Open to incoming 9th graders. Check payable to Parkway South Basketball. Registration closes May 31st at noon.
“Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.”
Coach Mitch Stevens
Varsity Basketball Coach