OVERLAND ATHLETICS REQUIREMENTS
February 11, 2012By Stephen DeSchryver of Overland High School
Things to Do BEFORE Trying â€‹Out for Athletics
- Download Athletic Registration Forms (See Atheltic Registration Packet Download)
- Print all forms and fill out completely, including all signatures
- Schedule and obtain a sports physical (physical must be given and forms signed by an M.D., D.O., P.A., or N.P.). No chiropractic physicians are allowed!
- Pay $90.00 Athletic Participation Fee to the Bookkeeping Office and obtain a receipt
- Bring complete Athletic Registration Forms and Bookkeeper's receipt to the Athletic Office
Important Dates and Deadlines
All of the above MUST be completed before students can participate:
- First Practice for Fall Sports: August 15th
- First Practice for Winter Sports: November 11th
- First Practice for Spring Sports: February 27th
- A $90.00 athletic fee will be charged to each athlete for each sport in which they participate. There is no family maximum cost.
- In order to receive an athletic fee waiver, the athletic office requires a copy of your free and reduced lunch application.
- The $90.00 athletic fee for all participating athletes in each sport must be collected prior to an athletes participation in any sport.
- REFUND POLICY: An athlete who is cut, or who leaves the sport on or before the 15th calendar day following the start date of the sport, may request a full refund.
- If an athlete leaves a team after the 15th calendar day following the start date of the sport, no refund will be given.
The CHSAA 5A Centennial League consists of teams from eight schools:
- Arapahoe High School
- Cherokee Trail High School
- Cherry Creek High School
- Eaglecrest High School
- Grandview High School
- Mullen High School
- Overland High School
- Smoky Hill High School