September 9th, 2011 Is National School Spirit Day
September 8, 2011News from iHigh.com
School Spirit ... Pass it On!
Celebrate School Spirit Teams and Join Us in this National Day of Spirit and Service!
Varsity wants you to participate in National School Spirit Day on September 9, 2011!
How? Do at least 4 hours of community service in the week leading up to National School Spirit Day, September 5-9, 2011. Tell us about what you’re doing to make a difference, and you’ll be entered to win a School Spirit Prize Pack from Varsity.
Who? YOU! If every cheerleader and dancer attending a Varsity camp participates, together we can contribute over one million hours of service across the country!
Why? Well, we know how much you do to support your school’s athletic teams throughout the year, but this is a day tomake sure everyone else knows the power of cheerleaders and dancers!
You Can Win Cool Prizes!
- $1000 in school supplies to be donated to your school fromCarolina Pad
- Practice cheer mat (single roll) from Ross Athletic Supply
- 250 Rooter poms, 150 sets of Thunderstix, 100 sets of Spirit Fingerz, and a Custom "U-Build-It" tee for each team member fromVarsity Spirit Fashions
Also, Inside Cheerleading Magazinewill select 10 stories of spirit and service to be featured in the magazine!
National School Spirit Day began in 2009 to celebrate leadership among cheerleaders and dancers! Help us shine a spotlight on the character that being on a cheerleading or dance team builds through service to your community on National School Spirit Day!
What Can You Do? Here are some ideas!
- Visit a nursing home and perform simple cheers for the residents
- Offer to clean up the school grounds – pull weeds, pick up trash, plant flowers, tear down old signs
- Fundraise for a charity outside the grocery store
- Ask if you can visit young patients at a children’s hospital or children’s wing in your community
- Read to younger schoolchildren – for inspiration, visit http://cheereader.com for ideas on running a reading project
- Have a car wash for charity
- Get involved with the Make A Wish Foundation
- Dust off the trophy cases for all of your school’s teams and make sure they reflect everyone's accomplishments
- Collect money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon
For more examples of how you can participate in National School Spirit Day, keep