Profile on Ernest Cerda, golf and tennis coach
January 10, 2014North Dallas High School Booster Club
Coach Ernest Cerda started volunteering at North Dallas in 1991, and was hired in 2006.
- I live in: Dallas, just two miles for the school
- Year graduated from ND: 1967 (GO BULLDOGS!)
- College: Attended El Centro College (2 years) before joining the Army
- Community activities: Served in a number of boards — Booster Club, NDHS Alumni, Cumberland Hill
- My hobbies are: Still like to play golf and tennis
- The three words people use to describe me are: Always stays busy!
- I’m most proud of: I like to tell my players, my proud moment will be "when I take their picture on graduation day.”
- The two people I’d most like to meet are: Richard Nixon and Barbara Jordan
- The best book I ever read was: Moby Dick by Herman Melville, and The Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- I get inspiration from: my parents
- My favorite musical artist is: Bob Marley
- I wish I knew how to: I have always tried individual sports when I you younger, but mountain climbing was something I always wanted to do.
- The best advice I ever received was: “If you want it done right, do it yourself.”
- If I could travel anywhere, I would go: Greece
- Nobody knows I: joined the Army during the Vietnam War but only a hand full know that I was almost killed in Vietnam, just a couple of days before my 20th birthday.
- How long have you been at ND? Started my volunteer work at ND in 1991, before I started work for ND in 2006
- What do you enjoy most about coaching at ND? Giving a young person the chance to learn how to play golf or tennis.