Suburban West Info
Suburban West Division 1
Suburban West Division 2
Mustang Awards and Honors
May 6, 2014By Timothy Bowdern of Marquette Mustang Hoops
Below are some dates and times that will make up the Mustang Summer:
1. The dead period for Marquette is the July 4th week. During that period, no Marquette athletics will take place.
2. We are teaming up with girls Lacrosse again for workouts and conditioning. However, we are joining the M-Factor too. We will be only with girls. The days we will work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8am to 10:00. We will go the week of: June 2-6, 9-13, 16-20, 23-27; July 7-11, 14-18, 21-24. The cost will be $150 (approx. 21.50 per week) or $30 per week if you prefer to pay that way. The cost of M-Factor is a 4 day event, so our 4th day will be skills and drill on various Sundays. The Sundays will be determined as I collect conflict forms below. The cost will go to improving weight room facilities and various sporting equipment.
3. We will play in the CNR League. The day is Tuesday nights from June to mid-July. Because the gyms at Marquette are not available this summer, we will be at various places around the area. The cost will be determined by the number of players. However, it should be about the same as last year.
4. We are not playing in any weekend tournaments this year. However, we are looking at opportunities for practice and skill development. Those will be on Sunday evenings on various dates to-be-determined at St. John’s Lutheran. The cost is a part of M-Factor so no cost added.
5. There will not be a high school camp for grades 10-12th. However, we will practice from 2:15 to 4:00 on May 29th and May 30th to get ready for league games at Marquette.
I need all players or parents to fill out a conflict and availability form. A direct link: http://www.ihigh.com/mustanghoops/customform_1038.html Please fill it out as soon as possible so we can start planning for summer. I know that things do come up during the summer, but this will just give me a baseline for who is available on various events. Please have this done by the end of the week. Also check out the website for more information: www.marquettemustanghoops.com