2013 State Day 2
50 photos - 3,391 Views
LINCOLN HOME PAGE
ATHLETIC FORMS / INFO
LINCOLN YOUTH SPORTS
PARENT MEETING IS THURSDAY, MARCH 6TH @ 7 pm in the LHS Cafeteria!!
- The 2014 Track and Field begins Monday, March 3rd.
- Practice is Monday through Friday, 3:40 – 5:30 at the Lincoln HS track and Field.
- All athletes must have a current physical or physical update on file, and a blue card must be given to the coach. A code of conduct sheet must be filled out and kept on file. These forms are available in the Athletic offices in room 126.
- Payment is $210, and $45 for free and reduced lunch students. If possible the track and field team would like to ask families to give an additional amount to cover extra coaches, and uniform and equipment needs for the team. This can be added directly to the check written out to Lincoln High School Athletics. Credit card payment is also possible through the bookkeeper, Jill Ross, in room 104.
- Athletes must be taking and passing 5 classes to participate in any Lincoln HS team sport. Grades will be monitored and athletes may be asked to do progress reports if they are having difficulties in classes. Please do not hesitate to talk with a coach if you are worried about a class, or if you are a parent and have concerns. Academics come first.
- Track and Field is a no cut sport. All athletes who come out for track and field will train with the team, and compete in duel meets. Invitational meets are for varsity and upper level jv athletes. There are only 4 Invitational meets.
- Athletes are expected to be at practice everyday unless cleared by the head coach to not attend. A contract for athletes planning on being absent 1 – 2 days per week for other activities such as tutoring, music lessons, other sports teams, etc. needs to be filled out by the athletes and parents. Head Coach Charlotte has the forms.
- If you know you will be absent, please tell your coaches 24 hours in advance. If you cannot make a meet and you have a legitimate excuse, please make sure your coaches know well in advance so we can substitute someone in your event.
- Please dress warmly and in layers. If it is cold and rainy, we do not want to see athletes with bare legs or arms. The clothing does not have to be expensive or technical. A plain pair of sweats, a windbreaker, gloves, and a hat is all that is needed.
- Athletes will need a pair of training shoes and a pair of spikes or event shoes. For those beginners in the middle and distance events, spikes are not necessary until later in the season, if at all. Most running shoe stores will give you a discount of 10 – 15% if you tell them you are on a school team.
- If athletes cannot afford shoes, please see one of the coaches and we will try and find a pair for them. This is only for athletes and families who cannot afford shoes.
- A schedule for the season can be found on www.athletic.net In addition this website will provide all results for the upcoming season. Go to Oregon > 6A > Metro League > Lincoln Updates also for the schedule will be listed here.
- Please sign up for emails from the team from Mail Chimp. The link can be found on the front page of both the www.athletic.net and on the www.ihigh.com/lincolncards website. The link is http://eepurl.com/OeY7H
This is the best way to receive team information and updates. In addition you can sign up to volunteer for the track and field meets at www.signupgenius.com and go to the Lincoln page.
Finally, we are so excited you are joining the LHS Track and Field Team! We promise a positive and rewarding experience if you are willing to work hard, set goals, and compete to the best of your ability! Our coaches are passionate about track and field, and love coaching their events. Bring a willingness to work hard, a positive attitude, and a brave heart, and you will be successful!
Please do not hesitate to call or email Head Coach Charlotte Richardson @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-916-5206 or come and see her in the Athletic Office in room 126
The Lincoln HS Track and Field Coaching Staff 2014 -
Charlotte Richardson – Head Coach, and Head Middle and Distance Coach
Suzanne Parry – Varsity Assistant and Assistant Distance Coach
Laval Short – Head Throws Coach
Billy McKinney – Head Jumps Coach
Elvis Akpla – Head Sprint Coach
Christy Schwartz – Head Pole Vault Coach
Eric Mitchum – Head Hurdle Coach
Kyley Johnson – Head High Jump Coach
Dr. Kelley Henry – Strength and Conditioning Coach
Tinker Hatfield – Pole Vault Coach
Arlisha Davis – Assistant Jump and Sprint Coach
Kathy Parker – Assistant Distance Coach
Steve Byers – Assistant Distance Coach
Eric Dettman – Assistant Distance Coach
Caty Leach – Assistant Sprint Coach
Shelby Patterson – Assistant Throws Coach
Track & Field Photo Galleries
2013 State Day 2
May 28, 2013
50 photos - 3,391 Views
2013 Metro District Day 1
May 19, 2013
40 photos - 2,367 Views
2013 Metro District Day 2
May 18, 2013
48 photos - 3,987 Views
May 7, 2013
42 photos - 3,408 Views
2013 Jesuit/Lincoln Dual
May 3, 2013
37 photos - 3,477 Views
2012 State Day 2
May 30, 2012
46 photos - 6,447 Views
Track & Field News
Track & Field Schedule
Track & Field Video Clips
No video clips have been uploaded.