Moeller Wrestling Update - 11-9-12
November 9, 2012Cincinnati Moeller High School
From Jeff Gaier, Head Wrestling Coach
MOELLER WRESTLING UPDATE 11-9-12
Please keep the grandmother of the Meyer family in your prayers this week. She is dealing with some serious heart issues.
NOTES FROM YESTERDAY’S TEAM MEETING
Yesterday’s team meeting was well attended and the roster is currently at 59. Items that were covered:
- Team Guidelines. A copy of the team guidelines can be found at the following link: Guidelines
- Co-Curricula Policy. A copy of the policy can be found at: Co-Curricular
- Cloth / Equipment (see the note below with more description)
- Body Fat Testing. A copy of the permission form can be found at: BF Permission Form. This is due by the body fat testing date of Nov. 21.
- Participation Physicals / Forms. A copy of the forms can be found at:
PHYSICAL FORM PARTICIPATION FORMS
- CCA Service Project for the wrestling team. Dates of the service will be given at a later date. For those interested, permission forms will be needed. Permission forms:
CCA Volunteer Form CCA Liability Form CCA Confidentiality
- Practice attire: wrestling or gym shoes, shorts or sweat pants, t-shirt.
SCHEDULE FOR THIS AFTERNOON AND FOR SATURDAY
For freshman with little wrestling experience: Friday (3pm-5:30pm); Saturday (9am-11:30am)
For all wrestlers with wrestling experience (returning wrestlers and experienced freshman): Friday (3pm-6pm); Saturday (8am-12:30pm). The longer workout is due to a ‘leg clnic’ with Coach Mark Bowman.
NEW WRESTLING PARENT MEETING ON SATURDAY 9AM-10AM (MOELLER LIBRARY)
The Parent Meeting (for those freshman parents new to Moeller wrestling) is at 9 AM in the Moeller library. Parents new to Moeller wrestling will have a one hour meeting covering the wrestling policies, wrestling cloth, body fat testing, and volunteer needs. Any questions that you have about the wrestling program will be answered at this time.
MOELLER WRESTLING REQUIRED CLOTH / SPIRITWEAR
The ordering for Moeller wrestling cloth has begun. In order for items to be ready for the December 1 competition, parents should place orders by November 13. A second order will be available after November 13. Instructions for cloth can be found at: CLOTH
Wrestling shoes and headgear should also be acquired before the first wrestling match on December 1. Don Jones, a seller of wrestling equipment, will be at wrestling practice on Monday to take orders. A copy of his order form can be found at: EQUIPMENT
NOTE: FRESHMAN THAT ARE DOING THE TWO-WEEK TRIAL PERIOD, SHOULD NOT ORDER CLOTH OR EQUIPEMENT, SINCE THERE CANNOT BE ANY REFUNDS.
Monday, Nov. 12 – Practice (3pm-5:30pm)
Tuesday, Nov. 13 – Practice (3pm-5:30pm)
Wednesday, Nov. 14 – Practice (3pm-5:30pm)
Thursday, Nov. 15 – Practice (3pm-5:30pm)
Friday, Nov. 16 – Practice (3pm-5:30pm)
Saturday, Nov. 17 – Scrimmage
- Frosh: 7:30am-9:30am
- JV/Varsity: 9:00am-11:30am