Pacer Athletic Calendar
LHS Home Page
John Hoch Photography
Pacer Youth Swimming Opportunity
October 25, 2011By Ian Lamont of Lakeridge High School
PACER YOUTH SWIMMING (Boys & Girls Ages 9-12)
Monday, November 14, 2011 – Friday, February 17, 2012, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm,
Monday, Wednesday, Friday Practices
District students in elementary school who play other sports and who want to swim in
the winter season. The program is supported by the Lakeridge HS swim coaches as
an opportunity to begin developing future high school swimmers and water polo players.
The focus will be on improving stroke mechanics and building speed and endurance.
The program will run for 14 weeks from November 14 to February 17, and includes:
* 3 training sessions per week at the LO Community Pool (MWF 4:00-5:30)
* Dry land strength and agility conditioning (4:00-4:30) followed by swimming (4:30-5:30)
* Opportunity to participate a USA Swimming sanctioned swim meet, Feb 20-22, 2012
* An introduction to other aspects of competitive swimming
Due to pool space, the program is limited to 12 swimmers. Participants should be able to
swim 50 yards of backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle, 25 yards of butterfly, and kick 100 IM.
The fee for this program is $300, which includes:
* Pool and administrative fees
* US Swimming certified coaches from the Lake Oswego Swim Club
* USA Swimming registration and insurance
* Meet fees
* Program fee does not include equipment.
For more information or to request a pre-registration evaluation, please contact: Carolyn Heymann.
After registering, participants must fill out a US Swimming registration form
Post the form to:
Pacer Youth Swimming, c/o Carolyn Heymann, 1156 Cherry Lane, Lake Oswego 97034
(Post only the form, no fees or checks)
Location: Lake Oswego HS (Pool), co-located with LO High School