KY American Water
Official Contest Rules
August 29, 2011By iHigh Staff of Kentucky American Water
Kentucky American Water Video Contest Official Rules
2. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.ihigh.com/kyamericanwater/and upload a video thirty (30) seconds or less in length demonstrating or explaining a creative way people can conserve water. The Sponsor requires one of the following four (4) formats for uploaded video: .wmv, .mpg, .mov, or .avi.
Entries can be submitted by individual students, multiple students, and whole classrooms. Complete the requested information: full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, high school name and grade, movie title, movie description/keywords(any music which is used in the video must be available for use in public domain or must be an original music composition by the entrant(s).
There is a limit of one video submission per entrant. Any videos that duplicate previously submitted entries may be disregarded by the judges. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
By uploading your video, you agree that you have received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your entry. You are required to submit a release signed by each identifiable person appearing in your entry granting permission to use his or her image/likeness you can find the release here.
Videos must not: (i) feature any material, the use of which infringes upon the rights of any third party, including trademark, copyright, and rights of publicity; (ii) involve dangerous or life threatening actions, tricks, or stunts; (iii) contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or behavior; (iv) defame, libel or otherwise violate the rights of any third party, (v) violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances; or (vi) be inappropriate, offensive, disparaging in remarks or actions, or lewd (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion as the administrator of the contest). Please keep in mind that videos entered into the Contest will be posted at www.ihigh.com and www.facebook.com, and therefore, should not contain any information that the entrant does not intend to be made publicly available.
Entrants must enter for themselves or their group; no entries can be submitted on behalf of other individuals or groups. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, illegible, or misdirected entries, transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled, misrouted, scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, network or electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; for inaccurate entry or other Contest related information, printing, typographical or other errors appearing in these Official Rules, or in other Contest related materials. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor and/or judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. No entries or submitted materials will be acknowledged or returned, and all mailed-in submissions become the property of the Sponsor. Use of script, macro or any device to automate entry is prohibited, and any entries received through such means will be void.
3. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Grand Prize winning video will be selected through online voting by persons visiting the www.ihigh.com and www.facebook.com websites. The video receiving the most votes or “likes”[RWB1] by September 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EDT) will be the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie the videos which are tied in votes on September 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 will be re-posted on the www.ihigh.com and www.facebook.com websites on October 3, 2011 at 11:59:59 a.m. (EDT), and the final winner will be chosen based on the most votes received by October 7, 2011 at 11:59:59 a.m. (EDT). The winner(s) will be notified by email, telephone, and/or overnight mail. Any prize notice that results from error of any kind will be void.
4. PRIZE: Unless otherwise prohibited, Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $500 (five hundred dollar) gift card to Amazon.com. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other item by the winner(s). In its sole discretion as the administrator of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value to the prize indicated herein.
Entering the Contest and accepting the prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the winner(s) for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest by posting a notice on www.ihigh.com. Sponsor, Online Promoter and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or damaged entries.
By entering the Contest, entrant represents and warrants that his/her entry: (i) is 100% the original work of the entrant produced for this Contest; (ii) has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (iii) has not been published previously in any medium; (iii) does not infringe any party's intellectual property rights; (iv) does not contain obscene or pornographic material; (v) does not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (vi) does not include threats to any person, place, business or group (vii) does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and (viii) does not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations.
By entering this Contest and uploading your video, each entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such video in any way, in any and all media (including without limitation the right to post entrant’s video on the Contest website at www.facebook.com or on other websites not owned or operated by Sponsor), for the purpose of advertising and promoting this Contest and similar contests administered by Sponsor. The winners irrevocably grant to Sponsor and its designees the perpetual, worldwide right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit, modify and/or creative derivative works of the winning videos in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Further, the winners agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in their winning video, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and agree to waive all moral rights in the video. Entrant hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Online Promoter and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, employees, directors, agents, suppliers, and advertising agencies ("Contest Entities") against any and all third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to any breach by the entrant of any provision of these Official Rules, including, without limitation, entrant's representations and warranties made herein.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kentucky without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kentucky.
8. SPONSOR: Kentucky American Water, PROMOTER: iHigh.com, ADMINISTRATOR: iHigh.com