Four Athletes From Kentucky Will Be Representing The USA In London
July 16, 2012By Jon Hancock of KentuckySports.co
Tyson Gay (Track And Field)- From Lexington, KY., went to High School at Lafayette High School. For more information on Tyson Gay go to tysongay.net.
- 2008 US Olympic Trials Champion, 100m
- 2009 World Championships silver medalist, 100m
- 2007 World Champion 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay
- American Record-holder, 100m
- Ranked #1 in the World at 100m in 2010
- Ranked #1 in the World at 100m and 200m in 2007
- 2007 IAAF Male Athlete of the Year
- 2007 USOC Sportsman of the Year
- 2007 Jesse Owens Award winner
- 2007 Track & Field News Man of the Year
- 2007 US Champion, 100m and 200m
Dotsie Bausch (Cycling)- From Louisville, KY., for more information go to dotsiebauschusa.com.
- 5th place - 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, London, U.K., Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, Cali, Colombia, Women's Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2010-11 UCI Track World Cup, Manchester, Great Britain, Women's Team pursuit
- 4th place - 2009-10 UCI Track World Cup, Copenhagen, Denmark, Team Pursuit
- Previous World Record holder (with Lauren Tamayo and Sarah Hammer) - Women's Team Pursuit- set at 2010 Pan American Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico. Time: 3:19.569
- 1st place — 2007 Tour of Geelong, Australia, prologue
Clark Burckle (Swimming) - From Louisville, KY., went to St. Xavier High School. For more information on Burckle go HERE.
Event Best Year
200m BR 2:09.72 Mar 2012
Lee Kiefer (Fencing) - From Lexington, KY., she is a senior at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School. For more information go HERE.
Senior World Championship Teams: 2011 (Bronze), 2010, 2009
Pan American Games Teams: 2011 (Gold - Individual and Team)
Pan American Championship Teams: 2011 (Gold - Individual and Team), 2010 (Gold - Individual and Team)
Junior World Championship Teams: 2012, 2011 (Silver - Individual and Team), 2010 (Fifth), 2009 (Gold - Team)
Cadet World Championship Teams: 2011 (Silver), 2010 (Gold), 2009 (Silver), 2008 (Bronze)
For the complete USA Olympic Roster go HERE