Summer Deadline Information
July 12, 2012Indiana High School Athletic Association
Summer – begins with Monday of Week 49 (June 4, 2012) or the close of the school year, whichever comes first, and ends prior to Monday of Week 4 (July 23, 2012) for fall sports and prior to Monday of Week 5 (July 30, 2012) for all other sports.
Open Facility – Program in which the gymnasium, playing field or other school facilities are open to all students for participation on a voluntary basis. Specific equipment related to a particular sport, i.e. balls, goals, nets, etc., may be used.
Conditioning Program – Program designed for and limited to activities which promote physical fitness and exclude game drills. Examples of permissible activities are weight lifting, running and aerobic exercising. Specific equipment related to a particular sport, i.e. balls, goals, nets, etc., shall not be used.
RULE 15-3.2 CAMPS AND CLINICS
• For all school-sponsored camps and clinics, attendance must be terminated prior to Monday, Week 4 (July 23, 2012).
• For non-school-sponsored camps and clinics, attendance must be terminated prior to Monday, Week 7 (August 13, 2012).
• Attendance for winter and spring sport camps and clinics may resume on or after Monday of Week 7 (August 13, 2012), or the first day of school, whichever comes first. Attendance must be limited to non-school time. Verified Olympic development camps are exempt from this rule.
RULE 15-3.3 OPEN FACILITY PROGRAM AND CONDITIONING PROGRAM
• Operation of open facility programs must be terminated prior to Monday of Week 4 (July 23, 2012) for all sports. Open facility programs may begin again on the first day of school.
• A conditioning program may be extended through Saturday of Week 4 (July 28, 2012). These programs may begin again on the first day of school.
RULE 15-3.4 MORATORIUM
• Each member school shall observe a moratorium starting on Monday of the week which includes July 4th (July 2 – July 8, 2012). During this seven-day period, there shall be no contact between athletes and coaches, and no athletic activities, including conditioning, conducted.
FUTURE MORATORIUM DATES
• 2012: July 2 – July 8
• 2013: July 1 – July 7
• 2014: June 30 – July 6
• 2015: June 29 – July 5
• 2016: July 4 – July 10
• 2017: July 3 – July 9