Mobile Broadcast Questions
January 31, 2013iHigh 101
What kind of phone do I need to watch a broadcast on my mobile device?
- Must be at least a 3G device with video capabilities
- Doesn’t function on an EDGE device
I can’t get my device to work – what is wrong?
- Make sure your device is a 3G Device
- There could be an issue with the cell tower
- You may be in an area where there is extensive cell tower traffic
How can I locate a broadcast?
- You may check the main website for the school (or location from where the broadcast began). It will show you a link to the Mobile broadcast (if one is available)
- Go to http://www.ihigh.com and then click on the Broadcasts button. This will show a listing of available broadcasts
My broadcast is skipping or is buffering a lot
- Your device may not have enough bandwidth to handle the broadcast
- You may be experiencing trouble with the cell tower being busy
- Try shutting off the broadcast and clicking back in. This will sometimes reset your connection
Can a broadcast be viewed on a SmartPhone?
- Currently all broadcasts are viewable on iPhones and Android devices through the new iHigh app, you can get the app at iTunes or Google Play.
- You may check for live broadcast availability on your Smart Phone by going to http://www.ihigh.com on your other Smart Phone or mobile device, then click on the Broadcasts button. All available broadcasts will be shown there.