Baseball at MAC West Leader Central Michigan
April 24, 2014HOOSIER SPORTS 365
This Week in Ball State Baseball
Friday: at Central Michigan (3:00) -- Mount Pleasant, Mich.
Saturday: at Central Michigan (1:00) -- Mount Pleasant, Mich.
Sunday: at Central Michigan (1:00) -- Mount Pleasant, Mich.
Head Coach Rich Maloney (#2)
Internet Radio/Live Stats
• Ball State is 27-14 overall and 11-3 in the Mid-American Conference . . . Ball State took two of three games in a Mid-American Conference series at home over Western Michigan, but suffering a Wednesday loss at 13th-ranked Indiana.
• Ball State head coach Rich Maloney earned his 300th win as the Cardinals’ head coach with a 15-2 victory over IPFW at Campbell (3/15) . . . Maloney now has 657 career wins, with 316 of those coming as Ball State’s head coach . . . He needs eight wins to become the winningest coach in program history.
• The Cardinals are 10-1 at home this season, which is the progam’s best start at home since starting the 2002 campaign with an 11-0 mark.
• Ball State’s 9-3 start in 2014 was the best for the Cardinals since beginning the 1981 campaign with a 9-3 mark . . . Ball State started this season with a 3-0 record, which was the best start to a season for the Cardinals since the 1985 campaign when they opened the year with four straight wins.
• Ball State was picked to finish first in the Mid-American Conference West Division in the league’s preseason poll, which is selected by the MAC’s 12 head coaches.
• Ball State finished second in the MAC West Division last season and advanced to the championship game of the conference tournament before being eliminated by Bowling Green. The Cardinals’ improvement from a 14-36 record in 2012 to a 31-24 mark in 2013 marked the eighth best turnaround in the NCAA.
• In the latest NCAA statistics, Ball State ranks in the top 50 in various categories: home runs (12th), home runs per game (12th), runs (22nd), scoring (28th), strikeouts per nine innings (31st), hits (35th), slugging percentage (38th) and winning percentage (38th).