WBB Hosts MAC East Leader BGSU Wednesday At 6 pm
January 15, 2014HOOSIER SPORTS 365
BALL STATE SPORTS RELEASE
Ball State vs. Bowling Green
Worthen Arena (Capacity 11,500)
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014 at 6 p.m.
• Twitter - @bsuathletics, @bsucoachbrady, @BallStateWBB
• Radio - WERK 104.9 (Jay Garrison), WCRD 91.3
• Television - Time Warner Cable Ohio/ESPN3/BCSN2
• Talent - Mike Cairns and Jacki Windon
• Internet- www.ballstatesports.com
The Cardinals Nest
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history a year ago as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- Ball State was selected to finish second in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the Cardinals highest ranking in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when Ball State was picked to finish first.
- Bowling Green enters the contest with a 13-2 overall record and a 3-0 Mid-American Conference mark. The Falcons have won four straight since Dec. 29 with victories over Saint Francis (81-66) Dec. 29, Buffalo (62-50) Jan. 4, Kent State (58-39) Jan. 9 and Akron (81-65) Jan. 12. Bowling Green’s only two losses came against Marist (60-74) Nov. 22 and No.18/21 Purdue (57-48) Dec. 22.
- Ball State has not last suffered a Mid-American Conference game at home since February 10, 2013, when the Cardinals suffered a 68-64 setback to Toledo. The Cardinals are currently 4-0 at home in league games since the loss to Toledo.