BALL STATE: WBB Continues MAC Action On The Road At EMU Thursday
January 9, 2014HOOSIER SPORTS 365
BALL STATE PRESS RELEASE
Ball State vs. Eastern Michigan
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014
• Twitter - @bsuathletics, @bsucoachbrady,@BallStateWBB
• Radio - WERK 104.9 (Jay Garrison)
• Television - None • Internet- www.emueagles.com
The Cardinals Nest
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history a year ago as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- Ball State was selected to finish second in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the Cardinals highest ranking in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when Ball State was picked to finish first.
- Eastern Michigan enters the contest with a 11-1 overall record and a 1-0 Mid-American Conference mark. The Eagles have won five straight after defeating Detroit (104-96) Dec. 15, Wagner 69-56 (Dec. 21), Monmouth 64-53 (Dec. 22), Lawrence Tech 95-62 (Dec. 31) and Kent State 88-70 (Jan. 4). The Eagles have also earned wins over Madonna 101-52, Butler in overtime 81-76, Cleveland State 84-70, Marygrove 120-35, Loyola 82-64 and UMKC 75-66. The Eagles won 10 games during the non-conference portion of the schedule, posting a double-digit win total for the third time in school history. Only four other MAC programs have ever posted seasons with 10 or more non-conference wins. Bowling Green has accomplished the feat seven times (2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14), Toledo has done it twice (2009-10, 2012-13) while Kent State (2008-09) and Miami (2011-12) have each done it once.