WBB Heads On The Road To Face NKU Saturday
December 21, 2013HOOSIER SPORTS 365
BALL STATE PRESS RELEASE
The Cardinals Nest
- Head Coach Brady Sallee is in his second season at the helm of the Ball State women’s basketball team, leading the Cardinals to a 20-22
- Sallee helped Ball State post one of the most dramatic turnarounds in Mid-American Conference history a year ago as the Cardinals earned the No. 2 seed in the MAC Tournament with a 12-4 league mark. Ball State improved eight games from its 4-12 MAC mark in 2011-12, which ties as the biggest MAC turnaround in the last 20 years. Sallee also became just the second coach in program history to start MAC play 8-1 in their first season.
- The Cardinals will face six teams in non-conference action which were postseason participants in 2012-13. Louisville and Purdue both went to the NCAA Tournament last season, while Auburn, Western Kentucky and Wyoming played in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament and Detroit in the Women’s Basketball Invitational.
- Ball State was selected to finish second in the MAC West Division preseason poll. This is the Cardinals highest ranking in the MAC preseason poll since the 2008-09 season, when Ball State was picked to finish first.
- Saturday’s game at Northern Kentucky will mark the second time in program history the two schools have met with the Norse winning the first meeting, 69-67, last season in Worthen Arena. Ball State owns a 1-1 record over schools from the state of Kentucky this year with a win over Western Kentucky (85-77) and a loss to No. 7 Louisville (105-67).