LUCK NAMED PLAYER OF WEEK IN AFC
October 24, 2013HOOSIER SPORTS 365
OFFENSE: QB ANDREW LUCK, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
- Luck passed for 228 yards with three touchdowns versus zero interceptions and a 99.5 passer rating in the Colts’ 39-33 win over Denver on Sunday Night Football. He rushed for 29 yards, including a 10-yard TD run.
- Luck’s three touchdown passes tied for NFL-best in Week 7. Posted second game of career with three+ TD passes (four at Detroit on December 2, 2012)
- He has three rushing touchdowns this season, most among NFL quarterbacks. Since 2012, Luck has eight career rushing touchdowns, the second-most among NFL quarterbacks during that span (CAM NEWTON, 10).
- Helped the Colts register a season-best 39 points.
- Improved his career record to 10-2 (.833) at home.
- In his secondseason from Stanford, this is Luck’s second AFC Offensive Player of the Week award. He previously won the award in 2012 (Week 9).
- Luck is the first Colt to win Player of the Week honors this season.