W VIDEO: Indiana Wrestling Report on ranked wrestlers and team state
December 17, 2011By E. Shawn Aylsworth of Hoosier Authority
Another exciting wrestling season is under way in Indiana. As usual, most of the highlights will see little coverage in traditional media outlets. So, Hoosier Authority has decided to devote a weekly show to action on the mats.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO IN THE PLAYER TO THE RIGHT OF THE PAGE!!
The “Indiana Wrestling Report” returns after Week 4 action with Hoosier Authority Executive Director Mike McGraw and assistant coach Matt Schoettle of defending state champion Perry Meridian. During the year, Mike & Matt will focus on the top teams, individual wrestlers, and human-interest stories the sport has to offer in the Hoosier state.
This week, Episode 5 begins with the upcoming Al Smith Invitational that will be video streamed LIVE on HoosierAuthority.com Dec. 28-29 from Mishawaka as well as an update on the proposed Classed Team State Duals set for next December. Then the fellas shift gears to break down some of the state’s top wrestlers, such as:
- 120: Seniors Brenden Campbell of New Castle, Paul Petrov of Hanover Central, and defending 112-pound state champion Mason Todd of Pendleton Heights
- 126: Two mores seniors in two-time state defending champ Kyle Ayersman of Lake Central (112 in 2009, 119 last year) and two-time champ Cody Phillips of Union County (103 in both 2009 and 2010)
- 132: Junior Neal Molloy of Danville, the defending state champion at 130, and senior Jared McKinley of Perry Meridian, the defending 125 champ
- 160: Matt sez 10 to 12 guys could win it.
- 285: Matt sez several guys could win this one.
Finally, Matt & Mike discuss how the most dominated classes thus far this year: 180 by Delphi senior Tanner Lynde and 195 by Fishers junior Mitch Sliga.
Be sure to check back each week for the next installment of this video series so you can stay up to date with all the inside news on wrestling this season – only from HoosierAuthority.com, the Indiana high school sports authority!