Harpeth Band of Blue
Senior Scholarship Newsletter: February 2012
APPLY FOR FAFSA NOW
$$ (FAFSA = LOTTERY MONEY & PELL GRANTS) $$
New Scholarship Listings:
* Ascend Federal Credit Union: Ten $1000 awards for seniors who are AFCU members & plan to attend college. Visit www.ascendfcu.org for more information. Essay, Recommendation & Personal Statement required.
Deadline: March 5, 2013.
* Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee: Community Bank & Trust Scholarship & awards specifically for Cheatham Now accepting scholarship apps. There are many awards to choose from – browse today! Applications are available at www.cfmt.org under Scholarships. Deadline: March 15, 2013
*University of Chattanooga Math Scholarship: Marjorie Watson Scholarship awards $5000 for an incoming freshman who majors in mathematics. $2000 will be awarded freshman year and $1000 awarded for each sophomore, junior and senior year. Application materials should include: letter of application affirming an interest in a mathematics degree; 2 letters of recommendation, at least one from a recent math teacher; ACT/SAT scores and high school transcript. Deadline: March 15, 2013
*Education scholarship opportunity: Students can earn $1000 scholarship to the Tennessee public postsecondary school of their choice for designing the program cover for the 2013 Institute for CTE Educators. Requirements are completed application; signed permission form; artwork submitted by deadline. See Mrs. Holley for details about cover requirements Deadline: April 1, 2013.
*John E. Mayfield 4-H Scholarship: For graduating seniors who are 4-H members. Application available in the guidance office Deadline: April 15, 2013
*V.F.W Scholarship: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 6181 will award one scholarship of $1000 to a Cheatham County High School graduating senior. Eligibility requirements are student must be a Cheatham County high school senior; have 2.75 GPA or higher; must have been accepted into an accredited college, university, or tech school; be the natural, step or adopted child or grandchild of a US Veteran; must have yearly household income of less than $60,000. See Mrs. Holley for requirements of application. Deadline: May 10, 2013
*Kelley Robertson Foundation Scholarship Fund: Awards are granted only to students studying for an associate’s degree at Nashville State Community College. Awards are based upon demonstrated financial need, the applicant’s educational goals, and a personal recommendation from a teacher, coach, or counselor. See Mrs. Holley for more information.
Scholarships you have seen & can still apply for:
*Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation (CEMC): Awards ten $1000 scholarships to high school seniors. To be eligible senior’s parent/guardian must be a member of and receive electric service from CEMC; planning to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited TN college, university, or trade school in Fall 2013. See Mrs. Holley for application. Deadline: February 25, 2013
*CIC Foundation Scholarship: CIC grants scholarships to students who will pursue degrees in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related credit/financial fields. Applications are in the guidance office. Deadline: March 23, 2013
* Stan & Thelma Plumlee Scholarship: Tennessee Manufacturing Housing Association (TMHA) offers $8000 (4yr) scholarships to students who are associated with the manufactured home industry in some way (living in a manufactured home, working in the industry, having a relative who works in the industry). Must attend a TN college. More info available at www.tnmha.net Deadline: March 8, 2013
*Gilbraitti Scholarship: Awards a one-time $500 scholarship. To be eligible, must be between the ages of 16-20, must be attending a college or university in the Fall of 2013, must complete the application form, including the essay prior to the deadline March 1, 2013. Applications and essay can be found by going to: www.mortgagebrokerslangley.ca
* Central High School Alumni Association Scholarship: To be eligible, must be a natural or adopted descendant (child, grandchild, or great-grandchild) of a Nashville Central High School graduate. Applications available in counselor’s office. Deadline: March 1, 2013.
* US Bank Scholarship Program: High School seniors who attend a US Bank Student Loan eligible 4-yr institution are eligible for this $1000 award. No academic criteria – no minimum GPA or ACT!! Winner will be randomly selected. Visit usbank.com/scholarship for more information. Online applications accepted January 2013 - March 2013.
ACT Test Dates 2010-2011
Test Date Registration Deadline
April 13, 2013 March 8, 2013
June 8, 2013 May 3, 2013
Register online at: www.actstudent.org
** If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch, you are also eligible for TWO FREE ACT VOUCHERS.
See Andrea Holley in the Guidance Office for more details.
College Info Photo Galleries
��� College Info News
College Info Schedule
College Info Video Clips
No video clips have been uploaded.