Eastern Hancock weekly athletics news 1/28
January 28, 2013Hancock County Sports
- CONGRATULATIONS TO NATHAN KELL, HUNTER KNOPP, AND JOSH RAMAGE AS THEY ALL ADVANCED TO THE WRESTLING REGIONAL FROM THE SHENANDOAH SECTIONAL ON SATURDAY. KELL FINISHED 4TH AT 138, KNOPP FINISHED 2ND AT 170, AND RAMAGE FINISHED 3RDAT 195. THEY WILL COMPETE AT THE RICHMOND REGIONAL THIS COMING SATURDAY
- Records set by the EH girls varsity basketball team this week:
o Kiersten Schrope broke the school record for most steals in a season on Thursday evening with 9 steals. She had 11 steals on Saturday, for 20 steals for the week, and currently sits at 98 steals. The old record was 82 set by Jolyn Holliday in the 2002-2003 season.
o Kiersten Schrope tied the school record for most steals in a game on Saturday afternoon against Hauser. She had 11 steals which ties the record set by Jolyn Holliday during the 2002-2003 season.
o The team had 35 steals on Saturday against Hauser which broke the previous school record of 33 steals.
o Kiersten Schrope had the first quadruple-double in school history Saturday with 10 points, 12 assists, 11 steals, and 10 rebounds.
o Hannah Best made 7 straight 3-pointers in Saturday's game.
- The JV GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM CLINCHED A SHARE OF THE MHC TITLE WITH THEIR WIN OVER HAUSER THIS PAST SATURDAY. THEY ARE NOW 15-4 ON THE YEAR.
- AAA Insurance and Compton Strategies announced that Garrett Lee of Eastern Hancock has been selected to the 2013 AAA Insurance Traveling All-Academic Team. He was recognized for this at the Greenfield-Central Game this past Saturday.
- Sam Carlton of boys swimming once again this past week against elwood shaved more time off his school record in the 50 yard freestyle. the girls will compete in the sectional this week at New Palestine.
- This week’s Royal Pride athlete of the week is Josh Ramage of Wrestling.