Eastern Hancock weekly athletics news 10/1
October 1, 2012Hancock County Sports
By Aaron Spaulding, Eastern Hancock athletic director
- The Royal cross country team won its third invitational of the year when they won the Eastern Hancock Invitational on Saturday. Senior Shelby Wyatt won the girls race in her last home meet! In addition they moved up one spot and now are ranked No. 6 in the state among small schools.
- The MS girls cross country team won the Heritage Day Classic hosted by Hauser on Saturday. Sixth grader Taylor Stine won the overall girl’s race.
- The No. 2 doubles team of Ignacio Midon and Kirby Petry won their sectional match against Greenfield-Central last Thursday. Unfortunately, the team will not move on as they fell to Greenfield.
- The varsity volleyball team remained undefeated in the conference when they beat North Decatur this past Monday. The Royals are currently 6-0 in the MHC with two matches remaining to play.
- This week’s Royal Pride Athlete of the Week is Garek Ferguson of boys tennis.