New Whirlie App for IPHONE and Android
March 11, 2013By Lewis Newman of Grimsley Senior High School
Good Evening Whirlies,
Since the National AD conference in December, the athletic department has been working on multiple vehicles to support improved communication for the athletic department. One of the main ways to improve communication is to improve access to our athletic schedules, so, I have worked closely with a company that develops athletic apps for smart phones, IPADs, etc. Over the last few months we have completed the app technology and I hope this new mechanism will better assist our athletic community in accessing our athletic schedules. Below are several sites, and applications that will assist you with communication from Grimsley athletics.
Please share this information with all of Grimsley Nation.
- Facebook – like us, follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GrimsleyWhirlies
- Tweet us at #WhirlieSports
- Visit our athletic webpage at http://www.ihigh.com/gowhirlies/
- Visit us at our school webpage at http://schoolcenter.gcsnc.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectionid=7014
- Visit us at USA Today athletics at http://www.usatodayhss.com/school/Grimsley-High-School-Greensboro-NC
- Visit our schedule site at http://schedules.schedulestar.com/Grimsley-High-School-Greensboro-NC#Grimsley-High-School-Greensboro-NC/day/03-11-2013/?&_suid=136303942720202347484513080087
New Sites and communication aids.
- About a month I ago I invited many of you to join a text service called Remind 101. By signing up for this site, you will receive via text schedule changes and other related athletic news.
- Instructions are listed below on how to sign up.
- Simply text the following numbers letters (@ab9b) to 336-218-6208.
- That is it!
New Schedule app for IPAD, IPhones and androids. We worked closely with this company and are the only school for now with this app. Please use it. We are also exploring advertising on this app in the next few months. More later….. Simply follow the attached instructions to use and download this app.
How to Use the MyTime Schools Mobile App for schedules, directions, weather and other helpful athletic information.
- Open the App Store for IPhone or the Android Market (Google Play) for Android
- Search for “MyTime Schools”...select and download to begin.
- APP: Once downloaded on your phone/tablet click on the MyTime Schools Icon.
- NEW USER: Fill out all information and click Save.
- LOGIN: After logging in, click on green & white + sign to add your school
- SEARCH: Your school by name, zip, city or state
- Select Return to search.
- When you find your school select your school and then select Done.
- MY SCHOOLS: Page shows your schools you have selected. Select one.
- YOUR APP: Will transform into your school colors and logo.
- CHOOSE ACTIVITY: At this page you can select any sport or select “Today, Week, Month”.
- SELECT A GAME: And go to Mapping page. To navigate to a game, click on navigation icon on left of screen.
- WEATHER: On left side of page you can see current weather for event.
- ATTENDING TAB: You can click “attending button” so your friends can see you are going
- to game. Click sync, then wait for your contacts to sync (takes a little longer first time).
- Your phonebook contacts appear on the screen if they have the app on their phone.
- Click follow on any friends that already have the app to see if they are attending.
- Friends that are attending will have a green dot next to their name. Black dot means they have the app and are not attending this event.
- You can also invite friends to download the app from your contact list. Just click + invite button next to their name.
- ROSTER TAB: Will show you the names of each player for both teams. ( WE ARE NOT USING THIS PORTION)
- SHARE TAB: Will allow you to share the event you are attending to Facebook/twitter.
- ALERT TAB: Will allow you to set reminders for yourself for upcoming games. It also posts to your calendar on your phone.
- SETTINGS: Clicking on the Menu icon will bring up options linking to School Information,
- School Merchandise, School Website & Provide Feedback.
- SPOKE WHEEL: In the upper right hand corner of the app is a setting button (top right wheel) where you can change your information or log out.
- BANNERS: At the bottom of the page are local sponsors that support your school and you can click on those to go to their business card, website or coupon. CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!. STILL FINALIZING.
- NOTIFICATIONS: The top of the app has an envelope with a red sheet coming out of it. If there is a number there, you have a notification or alert so select the icon to view the message. You can go back anytime and read old messages.
I hope all the info above help and make life a little easier. The app is new and so bear with us as we work out the bugs.
P.S. Please share with all!
Lewis L. Newman,CAA
National Board Certified Athletic Administrator
Grimsley High School