December 3, 2009By Chuck Banks of Van Buren High School
ACTIVITY PARENTS' CODE OF CONDUCT
As the parent of an activity participant, I will:
- Remember my daughter or son participates in educational activities for fun.
- Do my best to understand the purpose of educational activities which always puts education first.
- Remember it is a privilege, not a right, for my son or daughter to participate in interscholastic activities.
- Remember my attendance at an interscholastic activity is a privilege, not a right.
- Always conduct myself with character, and insist my daughter or son do the same, even when it is not the popular thing to do.
- Treat all people (coaches/advisors, contestants, contest officials, other spectators) with respect at all times and insist my son or daughter do the same.
- Support all students participating, not just my son or daughter.
- Be gracious in victory and accept defeat with dignity.
- Honor the spirit and intent of the rules under which my daughter or son participates.
- Never demonstrate threatening or abusive behavior or use foul language.
- Try my best to be a fan, not a fanatic!
Let's have a great season! GO WARRIORS!