Monday, May 7, 2012 Announcements
May 7, 2012By Lindsey Pulverenti of Lexington High School
See Mrs. Pulverenti if you can help with any of the following Community Service Opportunities:
- LBS Field Day on Thursday, May 17 at 9:30 am.
- Relay for Life Concession Stand from 7:00 pm on Friday, June 8 to 7:00 am on Saturday, June 9.
- Community Center Blood Drive on Tuesday, June 12 from 2:00-6:00 pm.
Reminder: Academic Team, the banquet is tonight at 6:30 at The Victorian Peddler.
The library will close for book circulation on Friday, 5/11. Seniors- you will not be cleared for graduation until all books are returned or paid for and fines are settled.
The following students owe for their readers shoes: Samuel Crosson, Dalton Grafton, Client Fergason, Taylor Davenport
The following students need to return their readers sweaters: Heather James, Austin Gassen, Samuel Crosson, Dom Adlich, Katelyn Jobe, Taylor Davenport, Client Fergason
The following students need to pay for their Thespian T-Shirts: Austin Gassen, Taylor Davenport, Samuel Crosson, Dalton Grafton, Rae Breshears, Client Fergason
The following students need to pay for their Spring Show T-Shirt: Heather James, Austin Gassen, Michael Heath, Rebecca Billings, Celeste Henry, Olivia Nevels, Austin Vance, Kevin Beach, Client Fergason, Lexi Silvey, Allsion Lueck
ALL OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS CAST AND CREW--meet immediately after school to strike the set. THIS IS REQUIRED.
The Thespian Banquet is on Tuesday May 15th at 6:30 in the high school cafeteria. All current and former Thespians are invited. Those that have earned enough points to become a new Thespian will be invited to become inducted into the organization. Awards for best actor, best musical actress, etc. will be given out and officers will be elected. Invitations and voting ballots will be available no later than WEDNESDAY by the end of school.
Cappies Critics voting will take place tomorrow at Smith-Cotton. The Cappies Gala will be held on May 26 at Smith-Cotton High School. ALL are invited to attend and support the theatre department, students involved in the shows and cappie critics should mark their calendars and plan on attending. Nominations and tickets will be available on Wednesday, May 9.
End of Course Testing will take place until Friday. Please check the office window this week to find out when you are taking the EOC Exams.
Attention Seniors: Graduation speech auditions Wednesday immediately after school in Miss Yung's room. To audition you need to prepare a typed 3-5 minute speech. You will present it to an audition panel. Any questions see Miss Yung or Mrs. McCrary.
On Monday, May 14 Senior Orientation for the Class of 2013 will be held in the cafeteria at 6:00 p.m.
- NHS Meeting – Tuesday, May 8 at 7:30 am.
- FCCLA Meeting – Wednesday at 7:30 am
- Student Council Meeting – Thursday at 7:30 am
- FCA Meeting – Fridayat 7:00 am.
- Baseball vs. Plattsburg tonight at 4:30 pm. This is senior night.
- Boys’ Tennis at Districts in Odessa today.
- Congratulations to Michael Heath for qualifying for the sectional track meet in the 110 and 300 hurdles. He will compete at St. Joe Christian on Saturday.
- The following boys’ basketball players owe items to Coach Meyer: Michael Sunday and Jevon Williams.
- The following wrestlers need to turn in singlets or owe money to Coach Wilkson: Cameron Lee, Gavin Rice, and Tyler Tancos.
- The following cheerleaders need to turn in their equipment to Mrs. Foree immediately: Sarah Hollingsworth.
- The Lexington Medical Clinic is offering free sports physicals tomorrow from 3-6:00 pm. Stop by the Career Center to pick up a physical form. The History Form must be filled out before arriving to the clinic. See Mrs. Pulverenti if you have questions.
- Golf team turn in uniforms and equipment to the Career Center Monday after school.
- Track uniforms need to be turned into Coach Caldwell by Wednesday.