9 photos - 293 Views
ALTER DANCE TEAM CLINIC/TRYOUT INFORMATION
CLINICS: May 5, 6, AND 7TH: 5:30-8:00-St. Charles Gym
TRYOUTS: May 8th, 4:00-8:00 pm St. Charles Gym
Wear dark shorts and white plain shirt, white gym shoes or dance shoes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What is the time commitment? We practice on Sunday nights during the
Summer from 6:30-8:30. We attend camp at Wright State University from June 15-18. Camp is mandatory in order to participate. During the fall and winter we practice Sunday evenings from 5-7 or 6-8. We also participate in Meet The Knights, Alter Fest, Labor Day Parade and 4 home football and 5 home basketball games. We have various team bonding events throughout the summer and the season.
2. What is the total cost? The camp is $220.00 and the pay to play fee is $140.00 and this covers all costumes, camp gear and boots. New girls are also responsible for purchasing the sweatsuit, black and white soffees, dance shoes, tights and football jersey that we use every year so this is a onetime purchase. Everything will be ordered and purchased at the post try out meeting. The total costs of these items are around $150.00. The cost for first time Lancerettes is around $500.00.
3. Who judges tryouts? 5 independent judges with various dance backgrounds and pageantry training will be adjudicating. The girls are each able to receive 100 points, 20 points from each judge. They are evaluated on kicks for a total of 5 points, showmanship 5 points and dance/technical skills for a total of 10 points.
4. When will the results be posted? The results will be posted on the web site at 3:30 on Friday, May 9th. Go to http://www.alterknights.com/ and click on Lancerettes on the left hand side.
5. When is the post tryout meeting? The parent meeting is Tuesday, May 27th at 6:00 and is mandatory for the parent as well as the Lancerette. At this meeting all fees are collected (bring checkbook) we order all the cam p gear and get all the costumes assigned to each girl. And of course, the favorite, the WHITE BOOTS are passed out.
6. Any questions, feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dance Team Photo Galleries
Dance Team News
Dance Team Schedule
Dance Team Video Clips
No video clips have been uploaded.