MEN'S TRACK UPDATE
April 6, 2014Earlham College Broadcast Sports
ANDERSON, Ind. — The Earlham College men's track team had an individual champ and a
victorious relay squad on Saturday as the Quakers participated in the Raven
Invitational at Anderson University.
Marq Dixon and the 400-meter relay team of Travis Smith, Johnnie Fitzpatrick, Malik
Reid, Alec Dews finished first in the event.
Dixon had a distance of 39'10" to win the triple jump, while the relay posted a time
of 44.70 seconds to take first.
The others to score for the men were:
• Michael Alberts, javelin, 3rd with 109'1"
• Jamal Donoso, triple jump, 3rd with 37'10"
• Dews, 100-meter dash, 3rd in 11.98
• Fitzpatrick, 200-meter dash, 4th in 23.42
• Phillip Boone, high jump, 4th with 5'8"
• Nick Archer, 400-meter run, 4th in 54.44
• Junior Jean, long jump, 5th with 16'7"
• Kollin Wheat, javelin, 5th with 104'11"
• Charlie Boyd, steeplechase, 5th in 11:30.60
• John Hood, 400-meter run, 5th with 54.98
• Allen Eugene, shot put, 6th with 32'9"
• Andrew Collins, javelin, 6th with 69'5"
• Paul Maxson, 1,500-meter run, 6th in 4:41.42
The Quakers were third in the five-team meet that was won by Anderson.
Earlham competes in the Indiana Division III Championships next Saturday at DePauw
University. The meet starts at noon.