WOMEN'S TRACK UPDATE
April 6, 2014Earlham College Broadcast Sports
ANDERSON, Ind. — The Earlham College women's track team had three winners on
Saturday at the Raven Invitational hosted by Anderson University.
JaLissa Watt, Kiara Scott and Emma Hauser all claimed the top spot in their
Watt won the long jump with a 14'8" leap. Scott had a distance of 29"6" to take the
triple jump. Hauser posted a time of 19:29.82 to win the 5,000-meter run.
The others to score for the women were:
• 400-meter relay (Scott, Ximena Banegas, Britney Ware, Kyra Williams) 2nd in 53.85
• Raven Derrickson, pole vault, 2nd with 8'0"
• Williams, long jump, 2nd with 14'1"
• Ariona Anderson, javelin, 2nd with 99'3"
• Hannah Franklin, 100-meter hurdles, 2nd in 16.72
• Franklin, 400-meter hurdles, 2nd in 1:08.20
• Emmy Zimmerman, steeplechase, 2nd in 12:45.96
• Maya Luney, shot put, 3rd with 32'8"
• Zoe Curry, 200-meter dash, 3rd in 28.51
• Curry, 100-meter dash, 5th in 13.82
• Meg Huffmeyer, javelin, 5th with 65'6"
• Miranda Cornwell, 1,500-meter run, 5th in 5:41.85
Overall, the Quakers placed third in the five-team affair, which was won by Anderson.
The Quakers participate in the Indiana Division III Championships next Saturday at
DePauw University. The meet begins at noon.