QUAKERS OPEN AT HANOVER
March 30, 2014Earlham College Broadcast Sports
HANOVER, Ind. — The Earlham College track teams opened the outdoor season on
Saturday at the Hanover College Invitational.
Emma Hauser and Hannah Franklin won events for the women. Hauser took the
10,000-meter run in 41:06.49. Franklin won the 400-meter hurdles with a time of
Franklin, Emmy Zimmerman and JaLissa Watt took second place in other events.
Franklin had a time of 16.78 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles. Zimmerman posted a
time of 5:04.81 in the 1,500-meter run. Watt had a distance of 14'3" in the long
Marq Dixon was the top performer for the men. He was second in the triple jump with
a 40'5" leap.
The others to score for the women were:
• Kiara Scott, triple jump, 3rd with 30'11"
• Zoe Curry, 100-meter dash, 5th in 13.82
• Curry, 200-meter dash, 5th in 29.55
• Miranda Cornwell, 10,000-meter run, 5th in 43:45.44
• Maya Luney, shot put, 5th with 30'2"
• Alexus Bex, hammer, 7th with 78'10"
• Britney Ware, 100-meter dash, 7th in 14.65
• Kyra Williams, long jump, 8th with 12'0""
The others to score for the men were:
• Travis Smith, Johnnie Fitzpatrick, Malik Reid, Alec Dews, 400-meter relay, 5th in
• Smith, 100-meter dash, 5th in 11.63
• Jamal Donoso, triple jump, 6th with 35'9"
• Junior Jean, long jump, 7th with 17'10"
• Fitzpatrick, 200-meter dash, 8th in 23.25
• Simon Conrad, 5,000-meter run, 8th in 16:34.91
The women's squad finished fourth in the 12-team event, while the men were ninth.
Earlham competes in the Raven Invitational at Anderson University next Saturday. The
meet begins at 11:30 p.m.