Xavier Earns No. 12 Seed In NCAA Tourney, Will Face NC State Tuesday
March 17, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
XAVIER SPORTS RELEASE
CINCINNATI - There are no tickets available for the contest through Xavier. However, a limited amount of tickets for the First Four are still available through the NCAA. Please follow this linkto purchase tickets.
No. 12 Seed Xavier University Musketeers (21-12)
Television & Radio
Television (in Dayton): TruTV with Brian Anderson (play-by-play), Dan Bonner (analyst) and Kristine Leahy (reporter).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88). Westwood One Sports - National Radio will also provide coverage with John Tautges and Kyle Macy.
The X factors ...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier is 21-12 overall. XU defeated Marquette and lost to Creighton in its first ever BIG EAST Tournament at Madison Square Garden.
• Xavier has secured its eighth 20-win season in the last nine years and its 16th 20-win season in the last 18 years.
• Xavier is one of only 13 schools to make at least 8 NCAA Tournaments in the last 9 years.
• Xavier is making its 24th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance, 23 of which have come in the last 32 seasons.
• Xavier made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the 10 years from 2004-13.
• Xavier soph. Semaj Christon, First Team All-BIG EAST and All-BE Tournament, has scored in double figures in 21 straight games.
• Xavier leading scorer Semaj Christonpassed 1,000 career points during the BIG EAST Tourn., the second XU soph. to ever reach that mark.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrookpassed 1,000 collegiate points during the BIG EAST Tourn., including 676 as a 2-year starter at W. Mich.
• Xavier senior Isaiah Philmore, who has scored 1,158 collegiate points, had a career-high 23 points in XU's last game (Creighton on 3-14).
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook, honorable mention All-BIG EAST selection, leads XU in rebounding at 7.3 rpg. (fifth in BIG EAST).
• Xavier jr. Justin Martin, XU's second-leading scorer, has recorded 16 of his 18 double-figure scoring games on or after Dec. 31.
• Xavier fr. Jalen Reynolds, who had an XU freshman record-tying 16 reb. on Feb. 25 vs. St. John's at MSG, has started the last three games.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.