Orange Hosts Georgia Tech in Home Finale
March 4, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
SYRACUSE SPORTS RELEASE
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- No. 7/5 Syracuse takes the court in the Carrier Dome one last time this season when it hosts Georgia Tech on Tuesday, March 4. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. It will be the final Dome appearance for Orange seniors C.J. Fair and Baye Moussa Keita.
The game will be televised on RSN, including MSG Plus in the Syracuse area, and ESPN3. Click here for a complete list of affiliates televising Tuesday's game. Fans not in attendance can listen to the action on the Syracuse IMG Radio Network and its flagship TK99 (99.5 FM). Live audio will be available on CuseTV on Cuse.com. Subscriptions to CuseTV are available at daily, monthly and yearly rates.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early and get to their seats by 6:45 p.m. for a pregame ceremony honoring Syracuse's senior class.
What to Watch For – Syracuse (26-3, 13-3)
1. Seniors C.J. Fair and Baye Moussa Keita will play their final home game against Georgia Tech. Both players will end their career ranked in the top 10 on the Orange's career games played list. With 13 points at Virginia, Fair moved into the top 20 on Syracuse's all-time scoring list with 1,573 points, which is good for 17th place.
2. The Orange ranks in the top 10 in the nation in several statistical categories. Syracuse is ninth in scoring defense (59.1 ppg.), fourth in turnovers per game (9.0), eighth in turnover margin (4.8) and fifth in fewest turnovers.
3. Freshman Tyler Roberson made the most of his minutes at Virginia. Roberson came off the bench late in the game and recorded five points in three minutes of action. He was 2-for-3 from the field and 1-for-2 from the free throw line. He also pulled down one offensive rebound.
What to Watch For – Georgia Tech (13-16, 4-12)
1. Georgia Tech enters Tuesday's game on four-game losing streak. The Yellow Jackets have lost eight of their last ten, which has dropped their record to 13-16 overall. Georgia Tech is in 13th place in the ACC standings with a 4-12 league record.
2. Trae Golden leads a balanced Georgia Tech offense, averaging 12.7 points per game. He is one of four Yellow Jackets averaging double figures in scoring. Daniel Miller leads the team and ranks third in the ACC in rebounding, pulling down 7.9 per game.
3. Brian Gregory is in his third season at the helm of the Georgia Tech program. He has guided the Yellow Jackets to a record of 40-51. Previously, Gregory served as the head coach at Dayton.
Syracuse and Georgia Tech have split the four meetings between the two schools. The Yellow Jackets won the first two matchups , while the Orange has taken the last two contests. The squads met in the championship game of the Legends Classic in Atlantic City on Nov. 27, 2010. C.J. Fair and Baye Moussa Keita came off the bench in that game. Fair finished with 10 points and two rebounds, while Keita had four points and three rebounds.
Syracuse closes out the regular season at Florida State on Saturday, March 9 at 2 p.m.