SEC Women's Basketball Players Of The Week
March 3, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
Player of the Week
Jordan Jones • Texas A&M
Sophomore • Guard
• Jordan Jones posted the third triple double in Texas A&M history and only the second in the SEC since 2010 with 19 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists against Arkansas.
• Jones had 14 assists against Florida, tied for the fifth-most in A&M history for a single game.
• Had career-highs in points (Arkansas), rebounds (Arkansas) and assists (Florida) this week.
• Became only the third Texas A&M player to have a 200+ season, joining Lisa Branch, who accomplished the feat three times, and Sydney Colson.
• Jones was the 18th player in the nation and second in the SEC to post a triple double this season
• Jones was responsible for 70 of the Aggies’ points this week via assist or score, helping the Aggies to post a season-high 83 points at Florida.
Freshman of the Week
Alaina Coates • South Carolina
• Alaina Coates was second on team with 18 points against Georgia to help Gamecocks clinch their first SEC Championship.
• Scored seven straight points after Lady Bulldogs had cut lead to single digits midway through second half.
• Handed out a career-high two assists at Tennessee, reacting well to the Lady Vols’ double-teams.
• Was second on team with eight rebounds against Lady Vols.
• Recorded all three of her blocked shots in the second half.
• Went 9-for-17 (.529) including a 10-of-12 (.833) mark from the line.