SATURDAY SHOWDOWN AS DAYTON HOSTS GW
February 1, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
SATURDAY SHOWDOWN AS DAYTON HOSTS GEORGE WASHINGTON
• The University of Dayton Flyers face another tough test hosting the George Washington Colonials on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by NBC Sports Network, carried by WHIO Radio and is available with live streaming audio and stats at DaytonFlyers.com.
ABOUT GEORGE WASHINGTON
• The George Washington Colonials (17-3 Overall, 5-1 Atlantic 10) have been one of the pleasant surprises in the NCAA this season. After finishing 13-17 a year ago, GW has bounced back with eight Top 100 RPI victories this season. Four players average in double figures: Maurice Creek (14.4 ppg), Kethan Savage (13.4 ppg), Kevin Larsen (11.6 ppg) and Isaiah Armwood (11.2 ppg). Savage is out with a stress fracture.
• George Washington leads the series 16-14, but Dayton has won seven of the last nine. The Flyers have also won the last five at UD Arena.
WHAT GOES AROUND
• Dayton has experienced both jubilation and heartbreak with buzzer beaters this year. UD has won on buzzer beaters against IPFW and at Ole Miss, but lost at home against USC in double overtime and versus Saint Joseph's.
THE HIGHLIGHT FACTORY
• UD has already set a program record for ESPN SportsCenter Top 10 plays with four this season. The most recent one was at Richmond with a Kendall Pollard block and transition dunk by Dyshawn Pierre. The other top plays were Jordan Sibert's game winner versus IPFW, Kyle Davis' dunk against Cal and Devin Oliver's overtime winner at Ole Miss.
• Dayton's Devin Oliver is one of just five players in Division I who leads his team in points, rebounds, assists and steals.
LAST FIVE GAMES
• Devin Oliver has turned it up, averaging 14.2 points on .522 shooting from the field.
• Dyshawn Pierre is shooting 27-of-41 (.659) from the field.
• Dayton will head back on the road to face the George Mason Patriots on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 7 p.m. ET.