Men's Basketball Team Has Won 10 Of Its Last 11 Games
January 24, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
XAVIER PRESS RELEASE
Xavier University Musketeers (15-4, 5-1 BIG EAST)
Television & Radio
Television: FOX Sports 1 with Kenny Albert (play-by-play) and Gary Williams (analysis).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier, 15-4 overall and 5-1 in the BIG EAST, has won 10 of its last 11 games, including an 84-74 win at DePaul this past Monday.
• Xavier is 24th in the latest Official NCAA RPI Rankings (1-20-14); Providence is 48th.
• Xavier has all five starters averaging in double figures in scoring in BIG EAST play.
• Xavier is scoring 81.3 ppg. in BIG EAST play, shooting 50.5% FG and 76.9% FT.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST in rebound margin at +7.0 rpg. and has outrebounded 14 opponents, including the last 9.
• Xavier sophomore All-America candidate Semaj Christonleads XU in scoring (6th in BE at 16.9 ppg.), incl. 24 ppg. over the last 5 games.
• Xavier's Semaj Christon has averaged 21.7 points, 4.2 assists and 1.8 steals in BIG EAST play, while shooting 63.5% FG.
• Xavier`s Dee Davis had 17 points and 7 assists vs. Georgetown that earned him a spot on the five-member BIG EAST Honor Roll.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads XU in rebounding (3rd in BIG EAST at 8.5 rpg.) and is second in scoring (10.8 ppg.).
• Xavier senior Isaiah Philmore has passed the 1,000 career point mark.
• Xavier soph. James Farr is tied for 2nd in the BIG EAST in field goal pct. (.570) and is 14th in rebounding (5.5 rpg.).
• Xavier junior Justin Martin has averaged 15.3 ppg. and 7.2 rpg. in BIG EAST play, ranking t-10th and 4th in the league.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.