SYRACUSE VS BOSTON COLLEGE PREVIEW
January 13, 2014By Brian Cox of INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
SYRACUSE PRESS RELEASE
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -- No. 2/2 Syracuse puts its 16-game winning streak on the line when it takes on Boston College in Conte Forum on Monday, Jan. 13. Tipoff is set for 9 p.m.
The game will be televised on ESPNU and ESPN3. Fans can listen to the action on the Syracuse IMG Radio Network and its flagship TK99 (99.5 FM). Live audio will be available on Orange All Access on SUathletics.com. Subscriptions to Orange All Access are available at daily, monthly and yearly rates.
What to Watch For – Syracuse (16-0, 3-0)
1. Syracuse is one of only four undefeated teams in Division I. The other three are Arizona, Wichita State and Wisconsin. The top-ranked Wildcats plays USC on Sunday night.
2. Senior C.J. Fair has moved into the top 30 on Syracuse's all-time scoring list. With 20 points against North Carolina, Fair now has 1,377 career points, which rank 29th on the career scoring list. To move into the top 25, he will have to pass Otis Hill (1,416 pts.), Bill Smith (1,451 pts.), Kris Joseph (1,476 pts.) and Louis Orr (1,487 pts.).
3. Sophomore Jerami Grant has posted double-doubles in two consecutive games. He tallied 12 points and 10 rebounds at Virginia Tech. Grant followed that performance with 12 points and a career-high 12 rebounds in Saturday's win against North Carolina. Grant posted his first career double-double in his first action of the season against Fordham. He is the Orange's leading rebounder this season, averaging 6.5 per game.
What to Watch For – Boston College (5-11, 1-2)
1. Boston College snapped its four-game losing streak with a 62-59 victory at Virginia Tech on Saturday. It was the Eagles first win in conference play this season.
2. Syracuse will face one of the top scorers in the ACC in Olivier Hanlan, who averages 19.5 points per game. Ryan Anderson also averages double-figures in scoring, adding 15.4 points per game. The Eagles rank last in the ACC in scoring defense, allowing 75.2 points per contest.
3. Steve Donahue is in his fourth season as the head coach at Boston College. He has guided he Eagles to a 51-63 record. Before taking over the helm of the program, Donahue spent 10 seasons as Cornell's head coach.
Monday's game will be the 64th all-time meeting between Syracuse and Boston College. The teams met at least every year except one from 1979-80 through 2004-05 when both were member of The BIG EAST Conference. The Orange owns a 40-23 advantage in the series, although the Eagles have won the last two meetings. The last time the squads played was in 2004-05.
Syracuse returns to the Carrier Dome to face Pittsburgh on Saturday, Jan. 18. Game time is set for 4 p.m.