2014 COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S TOP 10
January 8, 2014INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
NEXT YEAR’S TOP 10 COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS
- FLORIDA STATE. A lot depends on who will return and who will enter the NFL draft. It all begins with QB Jameis Winston. Other key players the Seminoles will count on will be OT Cameron Irving, WR Kelvin Benjamin, and DT Jernagin.
- AUBURN. The Tigers will need RB Tre Mason to return to be ranked this high. The offense will return everyone except FB Jay Prosch. The defense will lose several key players including DE Dee Ford.
- OREGON. 2014 will be another big season for the Ducks on offense with QB Marcus Mariota and RB Thomas Tyner back. Mariota must stay healthy.
- ALABAMA. The Tide finished on a sour note but there is still plenty to look forward to in 2014. The big concern is at QB.
- OKLAHOMA. The Sooners couldn’t have finished the season any better than they did with two huge wins. The defense will be loaded next season and QB Trevor Knight will have the chance to develop.
- UCLA. QB Brett Hundley has decided to return. 15 starters are back and the recruiting class was a good one for Jim Mora.
- STANFORD. The Cardinal will be good again next season because they run a power game and they play defense. The offensive line may be in question if they lose a couple starters to the NFL.
- LSU. Another season and another season of losing key players to the NFL. If players like RB Jeremy Hill were to stay, it would be a different story. QB Anthony Jennings will have another year to develop.
- OHIO STATE. Like Alabama, the Buckeyes finished the season on two sour notes. QB Braxton Miller is back and Coach Urban Meyer is a great recruiter.
- MICHIGAN STATE. The Spartans will lose 10 seniors but coach Mark Dantonio has built a solid program in East Lansing.